Monday, February 25, 2013

Back to School with Pam Kitty!

Good Monday Morning!
  Isn't it a great day to start a new project? The Fat Quarter Shop is hosting a quilt along using  Barbara Brackman's new book "Civil War Sampler" and Pam Kitty Love Fabrics!  I adore these fabrics!
Pam Kitty Love & Barbara Brackman's Book

 I am using my 1947 Singer Featherweight. There is something so pieceful about sewing on these vintage machines.
\
1947 Singer Featherweight


I decided to make the 12" blocks and started with a Log Cabin block. I love how it turned out!

Now, I just have to get the other blocks done so I can catch up with the rest of the group! You can find the whole gang here:
and the blogpost from the Fat Quarter shop here:

5 comments :

  1. You're off to a great start! Love the block and it's cheerful colors.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I love the summertime baby quilt you made. I hadn't thought about using different tectures in a baby quilt before. Great idea!

      Delete
  2. Oh my gosh I love it too. I wish I was there sewing with you in my feather weight and my PKL fabrics!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love my featherweight! It sews such a pretty stitch!PKL is so pretty I am almost afraid I will use it all up. Guess I'll just have to buy more.lol

      Delete
  3. So pretty! Looks like a wonderful project - enjoy...

    ReplyDelete

Hey yall!
Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today! Your words mean so much to me. Thank you for taking time to leave me a comment and if you have a blog, feel free to grab a tractor button from the sidebar and plow along with me! Ain't no tellin what we'll get in to.
xo jan