Monday, February 18, 2013

Scrappy Trip Along!

A couple weeks ago I came across a blog post about a quilt along that was designed to create a Many Trip Around the World quilt without the organized rounds of color. I thought what a great way to use of alot of the older fabric scraps without alot of preplanning and designing! Here is the tutorial http://quiltville.blogspot.com/2005/06/scrappy-trips-around-world.html .

At first I thought I would not like not having a thoroughly thought out plan, but I went to work with my little, trusty Singer Featherweight......
                  1947 Singer Featherweight - she sews a great stitch!
And now I have a 71x82 very Happy Scrappy Many Trip Around The World quilt top that I LOVE!
Now I just have to decide how I want to quilt it!

9 comments :

  1. Wow, that is just beautiful!! What a great way to use up the extra scraps. Reminds me of one my mother made when she was a young woman, truly a keepsake! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yours is huge, like mine! I need to get mine quilted. I want to use it. Yours makes me determined to get a finish.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like that quilt too and yours turned out beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. love it, thank you for stopping by the Linky party at the simplesew, there are alot of great tips going on !

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow ! Your scrappy trip is pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm just having a look around your blog, your Scrappy Trip quilt is SO pretty! And I just adore your vintage machine.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my goodness I love your very Happy Scrappy Many Trip Around The World quilt top. I have plans to use my Accuquilt GO! cutter to to cut my tiny squares from my scrap stash.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Forgot to say I am now a email follower of you great blog.

      Delete

Hey yall!
Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today! Your words mean so much to me. Thank you for taking time to leave me a comment and if you have a blog, feel free to grab a tractor button from the sidebar and plow along with me! Ain't no tellin what we'll get in to.
xo jan