Monday, April 15, 2013

Civil War Homework!

No detention for me this month! I completed my Back to School with Pam Kitty Love Civil War homework on time and with an extra block!

"Rosebud" 12" Block
"Apple Tree" 12" block
This was a fun block to make. Complete with Apple blossoms, pink and orange apples and even little love birds hanging out in the branches!

"Fox and Geese" 12" Block
Gray and yellow are starting to be a favorite combination!

"Tea Leaf" 12" Block

"Ohio Star" 12" Block
I really like that there are several black prints in the Pam Kitty Love line of fabrics.

"Port and Starboard" 12" Block

Tentative layout to date. (I will probaly change my mind at least a dozen times)  I am making 12" finished blocks instead of the 8"blocks. I cannot decide on the sashing, cornerstones and borders, but I know one of those will be a black print! I would love to hear some suggestions, especially for the main wide border!
I think I want to do a 5 block by 6 block layout, but that will leave me with 5 extra blocks. Which I will probaly use in pillow shams and an accent pillow.:)

If you would like to join in the fun, you can find all the information here:
 and the flickr group here:
The Fat Quarter Shop also has Barbara Brackman's Civil War Sampler book available.

 I am also linking up to Design Wall Monday at Patchwork Times!
http://www.patchworktimes.com/2013/04/15/design-wall-monday-14/
Thank you for taking the time to stop by! I love to read your comments and cherish each and every one!
Jan

10 comments :

  1. The colors in your blocks are all so yummy! What a fun quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Claudia! It has been alot of fun using these bright colors. Thank you for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Jan

    I'm Céline, Civil War partner from Flickr ;-)
    Thank you for all your nice comments on my pictures.
    Funny I think, we have made both Tea Leaf and Apple Tree this month !!
    I love your block assembly, very nice colors.
    xxx

    Ps : I have a blog, in French (because I'm, of course ;-) )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Celine!
      Yes, I couldn't believe we both made two of the same blocks this month. I guess great minds think alike! Sorry I do not speak or read French but I may could use Google Translater. Thank you for your comments on my blocks and my blog!
      Jan

      Delete
  4. Wow, so many beautiful blocks! Love the colors - may need a solid type sashing w/ black cornerstones to pull it together. Just my 5 cents - trust your instincts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Barb,
      I think you are right using black as the corner stones, and I was thinking maybe one of the small dots as the sashing. Thanks for your help and for stopping by!
      Jan

      Delete
  5. Saw your comment on my blog. Nice to meet you, Jan. I love your blocks, but especially the fabric! Beautiful! I read your bio and my husband is looking up your cattle. He says there are a million pictures on the web. If you are in north Georgia, do you go to Sew Bee It? I've been lately, and they've really made it nice. The cardinals I did were applique, not PP. I've given up on PP for now!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lois,
      Yes, I love Sew Bee It. I am so glad they were able to rebuild after the tornado destroyed their shop. The new one is so much bigger and they even have classrooms. I don't get there often because it is too far. It is nice to meet you too. Thank you for stopping by! And tell your husband that there are not many Braunvieh in the east, most are out west. We really enjoy ours.
      Jan

      Delete
  6. I love your blocks! Pam Kitty is my favorite and these look gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! These have really been alot of fun. And I love Pam Kitty fabrics too.
      Thank you for stopping by.
      Jan

      Delete

Hey yall!
Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today! Your words mean so much to me. Thank you for taking time to leave me a comment and if you have a blog, feel free to grab a tractor button from the sidebar and plow along with me! Ain't no tellin what we'll get in to.
xo jan