Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Happy Mail , Sew Cute and Fabric Tuesday!

Ok, so I needed some Flea Market Fancy Posie in turquoise for the secret project that I am working on. Sad enough that I no longer had any in my stash, but I was so worried I would not be able to get enough to finish my project and receive it on a timely basis. But lo and behold I found the cutest little shop on Etsy. Jen, the owner of Loom and Shuttle Fabrics is sew sweet and she rushed my fabric to me! Well of course I bought a couple of other DS prints. Like the Aunt Edna Bias plaid on the bottom, the Flea Market Fancy Posie in gray and the very vintage looking Picnic Floral on top! Jen bundled it all together, tied it up with a cute string and I just love the floral print card and the little deer tag is adorable. Plus she sent two 3 1/2" charms. I ordered this on Friday and had it in my hands on Monday! Thank you Jen for your excellant service!
If you need any Denyse Schmidt Fabrics then look no further than Loom and Shuttle! You can find Jen here: http://www.etsy.com/shop/LoomAndShuttleFabric
She also has some Anna Marie Horner and Michael Miller fabrics.

  And now that I have fabric in hand, I can get back to work on that secret project.


 Linking up to Sew Cute Tuesday at Better off Thread  http://betteroffthread.com/
and Fabric Tuesday at Quilt Story
http://quiltstory.blogspot.com/

Thank you for stopping by. I love to read your comments and cherish each and every one!
Jan

21 comments :

  1. I just used most of my cherished yard of turquoise Posy to make a top for my daughter. The fabric is "gone" but it was totally worth it! A lovely little fabric stack. Can't wait for the "reveal" of your secret project!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Laura,
      I bet the top you made is adorable! I just love Posie anyway I use it. Thanks for stopping by!
      Jan

      Delete
  2. Went and checked out the shop...thnx for the heads up! Glad you can finish now and I just love that little bird! Too cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jen was really sweet and she is trying to grow her shop. Thanks for stopping by! That bird fabric is one of my favorites too!

      Delete
  3. Absolutely love the Posie grey, one of my faves for sure. Haven't seen that bias plaid before - hhmmm, may have to do some fabric shopping! Lovin' it!!! Dont'cha just lover receiving fabric mail - so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lisa I absolutely LOVE receiving fabric in the mail. I am kinda like the girl in the Eleanor Burns video where I am running out of run to hide my stash!lol! And I had not seen that bias plaid before either and it is really pretty.
      Thank yuo for stopping by.
      Jan

      Delete
  4. What a lovely fabric stack. Looks like you love DS fabrics as much as I do!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Deborah, I really do like DS fabrics. I LOVE the Picnic floral piece. It has that flour sack look to it.
      Thank you for stopping by!
      Jan

      Delete
  5. I have never ordered fabric online, but when I do, which I'm sure isn't far off after seeing this post, I would want to receive a lovely package like the one you received - not like a shipment from Amazon where everything is thrown into a box. Can't wait to see the project you are working on as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Britt,
      I probaly order more online than I buy in stores. I do not have a quilt shop close to where I live.But when I do get to go to a quilt shop, I usually stock up on blenders and such.
      Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to comment!
      Jan

      Delete
  6. there's nothing worse than running out of fabric mid project! i'm at a stand still on a couple things at the moment, I'm hoping my LQS will have some more of something I bought there in soon, fingers crossed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Krista,
      I hope your LQS has your fabric too! I do not have a QS close by so I usually have to order online. This particular project has changed from what I first had in mind, so I really didn't have enough of the Posie in Turquoise (I was only short 4 inches, but it gave me an excuse to order some more anyway!)Have fun quilting! And thank you for stopping by! Jan

      Delete
  7. This fabris way tooo cute!
    Esther
    esthersipatchandquilt AT yahoo DOT com
    ipatchandquilt DOT wordpress DOT com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Esther. It is Alegria WalkAbout that I ordered from Project Anthologies.Thank you for stopping by! Jan

      Delete
  8. Love the sneak peek! Looks adorable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi,
      I hope it turns out cute. It has changed from what I first had in mind to something totally different. lol! I don't know yet if that is good or bad. Thank you so much for stopping by.
      Jan

      Delete
  9. I love your fabric choice : very nice and just in time for spring weather ;-)
    Have a nice sewing day... !

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you Celine! I am glad spring is finally here. Hope you have a nice day too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  12. These fabrics look great together, I haven't seen this shop before so I'll pop over and take a look :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Chrissie! I wasn't sure about the light canteloupe color,but I think it will be ok. Thanks for stopping by.
      Jan

      Delete

Hey yall!
Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today! Your words mean so much to me. Thank you for taking time to leave me a comment and if you have a blog, feel free to grab a tractor button from the sidebar and plow along with me! Ain't no tellin what we'll get in to.
xo jan