Monday, April 1, 2013

Happy Monday, Welcome Spring!

Good Monday Morning!
Normally I am not a Monday morning happy kinda person, but the sun is actually shining and there is a gorgeous blue sky! I cannot even be sad about the fact that I did not get any sewing done this weekend. I did however finish knitting my Valentine (ahem) ripple scarf!

This was my first time using this pattern and I really liked it. I think now it will be a heavy Spring scarf! I should be able to find the pattern if anyone is interested. I also had time to cut and prepare for shipping my Denyse Schmidt Charm Squares.
This charm swap is going to be sew much fun! I love DS fabrics and I signed up for 2 spots or 4 yards! We are trying not to have any duplicates but there may be a few. What will I do with 224 5" DS charm squares?  I should have 4 each of 56 different 5" fabrics. I would love to hear your suggestions!
 The info for the charm swap is at Crafty Tammies. http://www.craftytammie.com/2013/03/denyse-schmidt-charm-swap.html

Poor kitten! Sew tuckered out from all the selvages and yarn!
I am linking up to Plum and Junes Let's Get Acquainted being hosted this week at from Pixels to Patchwork
I would love to see what you have been working on!
Thanks for stopping by!!

14 comments :

  1. The sun is shining here too! No fooling, spring must actually be near. I'm the worst with charm squares! I psych myself out and never know what to do with them. I will be interested to see what you make; with all that Denyse it'll be lovely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean - I am already panicking about what I will do with them!lol

      Delete
  2. I was just hanging out my bedroom window listening to the birds sing. Oh what a joyous sound! Spring is here! YAY!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Joyous indeed! Thank you for stopping by!

      Delete
  3. How lovely, a quilt from D.S fabrics. How about turning the squares into half square triangles. There's loads of layouts you could then use.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well that is a good idea. I have been wanting to make a zigzag quilt. Can't wait to see what all the colors will be! Thank you for stopping by!

      Delete
  4. Really pretty scarf. I really don't know what to say about the charms - that's why they just sit in my sewing room. I love your little cat what a cutie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Linda! he is spoiled rotten. And he is a big cat but scared of his shadow! lol!

      Delete
  5. When I began quilting, I pretty much only used charmed squares! One of my favorite things to do is sew them into a 9 patch square (3 across/3 down), then cut the 9 patch into 4 squares. I then just layout the smaller squares, arranging, and rearranging, until I have a random layout...
    Lately I have made several quilts using HSTs as another reader recommended. I like to have a dark value with a light value for those, so that the designs become more obvious.
    Best of luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Both of those are great ideas! I did a layer cake kinda like the first suggestion! Thanks for the help!

      Delete
  6. Your scarf is such a pretty color! I wish I could help with the charms. I have some charms from a DS charm swap that have been sitting on my shelf for a year now! They are so pretty in a little stack LOL! I like Maria's HST idea!

    Thank you for linking up to Let’s Get Acquainted this week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep - I think everyone thinks HST's are the way to go on this! Thank you for hosting this week!
      Jan

      Delete
  7. I love the colour of your Valentines scarf, so pretty! And all the DS fabrics are delightful. I agree, I think HSTs would be fab. Looking forward to seeing what you come up with. I'm now a follower :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sarah,
      Thank you! The scarf is definitely pink! lol! Also, I love your French General quilt. Do you have a pattern for it? i am now a follower too and added you to my blog roll.
      Thanks
      Jan

      Delete

Hey yall!
Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today! Your words mean so much to me. Thank you for taking time to leave me a comment and if you have a blog, feel free to grab a tractor button from the sidebar and plow along with me! Ain't no tellin what we'll get in to.
xo jan