Thursday, April 18, 2013

Kerria japonica 'Pleniflora"

I just had to spend a little time outdoors today. It is good for the soul to enjoy this wonderful Earth in which we reside.
   This is our  'Kerria japonica Pleniflora' . Commonly known as Japanese Rose.  Kerria japonica is normally grown in USDA zones 4-9. It is indegenous to China and Japan. Brought to the Western world by Mr. William Kerr. Kerria deriving from Kerr and japonica from it's native Japan. Pleniflora or double flowering. It is so vibrant.
    Mr. Kerr also introduced us to "Pieris" or Andromeda Shrub and "Nandina Domestica" or Heavenly Bamboo. Thank you Mr. Kerr!
(and yes, I do garden, but no, I did not know all of this. I looked it up!)
  I hope you have time to get outside, even for a little while and enjoy what Spring has to offer.
Linking up to Really Random Thursday at Live a Colorful Life!
http://aroundtheblockdesigns.blogspot.com/

4 comments :

  1. So far in Wisconsin spring has offered us rain, cold, wind and now flooding! I wish I was in Georgia with your flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My goodness, I hope Spring gets up there to you guys soon. We have friends in Tomah, but I haven't talked with them in a few weeks. Maybe Spring is on it's way!
    Jan

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks for visiting my blog. I love your civil war quilting - what a lot of work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! It is really alot of fun. We are doing five blocks per month so its not too hard. Sampler like this are great because you get to learn alot of different patterns and in this case ALOT abou the Civil War!
      Thank you so much for stopping by and taking the time to comment.
      Jan

      Delete

Hey yall!
Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today! Your words mean so much to me. Thank you for taking time to leave me a comment and if you have a blog, feel free to grab a tractor button from the sidebar and plow along with me! Ain't no tellin what we'll get in to.
xo jan