Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Mosaic Contest!

Rachel at Stitched In Color is hosting a fabric mosaic contest aptly named "Sweet Contrary". The contest is being sponsored by Lark Cottons. This is really fun. You simply go to Lark Cottons and put together a sweet bundle of 12 fabrics, upload them to Mosaic Maker to create your mosaic, then add your link on Rachels blog here. You get to create and enter two mosaics. Here is my first one:
So much fun! But the best part is TWO winners will be chosen and they will receive their mosaic as a 12 fat quarter bundle PLUS the bundle will be offered at Lark Cottons. Sweeeeet!! You have until midnight April 29th to upload your mosaics. Winners will be announced May 3rd!
 Now I gotta go make my second mosaic. So go check it out and have fun!! I can't wait to see what everyone comes up with.
As always , thank you for stopping by. I love to read your comments and cherish each and every word!

10 comments :

  1. That sounds like fun! I sure do like your choices...coincidently, I have quite a number of them in my stash-great minds think alike hee hee!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lisa! A couple of the prints are my favorites too! I still have to do the second mosaic. You should try it, it is definitely fun and you could win fabric!

      Delete
  2. What a great idea and showcases yummy fabrics

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Annie, you should try it. It is alot of fun. I probaly wont win but it is fun trying!

      Delete
  3. Beautiful collection. One of my favorites so far!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Deborah,
      Thank you so much. It is fun, but harder than it looks for me. I have always been more of a traditional type of quilter, so these new to me more modern fabrics are a challenge. I guess it is hard to teach an old dog new tricks! lol. But it is fun trying.
      Jan

      Delete
  4. You picked some of the ones I liked. I struck out with my first try. I'm going to have my daughter try to help me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nanette,
      It took me quite a while to go through all the fabrics that Lark Cotton has to offer. I put several together before I settled on this one. Have fun!
      Jan

      Delete
  5. I saw it yesterday on Flickr... And now I understand what it is :-)
    Hope you'll win !
    Have a nice day

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Celine! You should do it too! Have a good day too!
      Jan

      Delete

Hey yall!
Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today! Your words mean so much to me. Thank you for taking time to leave me a comment and if you have a blog, feel free to grab a tractor button from the sidebar and plow along with me! Ain't no tellin what we'll get in to.
xo jan