Monday, May 13, 2013

"To Boston with Love" and "It's for The Birds"

 Happy Monday morning! I hope everyone had a super sweet weekend!
 I realized over the weekend that I never did show you guys the two flags that I made for the "To Boston With Love"  effort being hosted by the Vanvouver Modern Quilt Guild. As you all know, I just LOVE Pam Kitty fabrics, so I thought these two would be great for the 6x8" flags.
The backs are the same pink as the ties with an iron-on quilt label.
There are flags being sent from all over the world. They are going to be on display at the Museum of Fine Arts, Boston from May 23rd thru June 16th, 2013. You can read the press release here. If you would like to make a flag, they have to receive them in Massachusetts by May 21st. Here is the shipping address and tutorials. If you need some inspiration here is the flickr group! Oh how I would love to be in Boston and see all the beautiful flags that are being made flying high in the museum.

And speaking of flying..... there are some fantastic projects that will be flying in for the remainder of "It's for the Birds" blog hop. Listed below is the schedule.
These Tweet-hearts have been feathering their nest with all types of little birdie projects, so be sure and visit them and show them some awesome bloggie love!!

Monday, May 13th
Tuesday, May 14th

Wednesday, May 15th
And as always,
 thank you so much for visiting. I love to read your comments and cherish each and every word! Have fun!
Jan 
Linking up this week with "Let's Get Acquainted" at Plum and June. Which you should totally check out because Beth has put together a Fat Quarter Bundle that is awesome. This week's linky party is being hosted by Alyce of Blossom Heart Quilts. And you need to check out what she has being doing in Japan !


10 comments :

  1. They're sure to put a smile on the people of Boston faces :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Serena - I hope they do!

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh how sweet! I can't wait to see pics of the event - it's going to look fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Alyce. There are some really beautiful flags showing up on the flickr group. I want to be there so bad to see ALL the flags together. It will be sew beautiful.

      Delete
  5. Beautiful flags. I'm sure they are going to put a smile on the people of Boston.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I hope they do bring a few smiles. There are some really beautiful flags on the flickr group.
      Thanks for stopping by.
      Jan

      Delete

Hey yall!
Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today! Your words mean so much to me. Thank you for taking time to leave me a comment and if you have a blog, feel free to grab a tractor button from the sidebar and plow along with me! Ain't no tellin what we'll get in to.
xo jan