Wednesday, May 8, 2013

W.I.P. Wednesday

So yesterday was my day of the "It's for the Birds" blog tour and Daisy
My Handy Hen was one of the projects that I made. But  did you happen to notice what Miss Daisy is sitting on? No, it's not an egg.

 It is Cath Kidstons adorable little tin crochet book! And just look what is inside!
Yummy, scrumptious rainbow delight! And a learn to crochet booklet with very easy to follow steps. It even has a very nice granny square pillow pattern. I love this little yarn. It is so very happy. So after flying all over blogland yesterday checking out all the sweet peeps that are participating in "It's for the Birds", I just wanted a little quite me time late last night. This is what I started:

A granny square. I think I will make a pillow cover for my sewing chair. The bright happy colors (and daisy) just make me smile! I did find out from using this smaller than what I am used to using yarn, that I crochet very loosely. I may have to tighten things up a bit! That Daisy just cracks me up. Always sticking her beak into things. Nosying  around...
So I will be busily hooking away on my granny square and trying to decide how to quilt my Tsuru quilt.
I really love all the suggestions yesterday! I am leaning towards no borders, dark blue binding and a little Sashiko in the large open areas.
But first I have to learn Sashiko! So thank you dear peeps for all your fantastic suggestions!
 And I had alot of questions about how I made Daisy, My Handy Hen. I did not have a pattern or anything. I just kinda sketched out what I wanted and fiddled around with it. But since so many of you asked I will try to do either a tutorial or a pattern in the near future.:)
 Now I am off to visit some more sweet peeps with all their birdie goodness. the hop doesn't end until the 15th!  And if you haven't already, don't forget to enter my my giveaway here! It will close thursday at 12:00 midnight. There are some happy go lucky hexies and paper pieces, vintage repro buttons with a FQ and DMC floss, and a charm pack of Crazy Daisy ( that my sweet little hen wanted to share). So go have fun! I am linking up to my lovely friends at W.I.P. Wednesday!

I am slowly but surely replying to all the emails and comments from yesterday . I sew appreciate all the sweet lovely comments and suggestions and all the new friends that I made!! 


20 comments :

  1. That yarn looks soooo soft! I love the granny square and can't wait to see the final pillow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Denise, It is really soft yarn. I had forgotten how relaxing crochet is. Thanks for stopping by.
      Have fun
      Jan

      Delete
  2. Your Tsuru quilt is great. I agree no border and dark binding will make it perfect.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you - I started out making a table runner but decided at the last minute to keep going and make a quilt.I really did enjoy working with the fabrics. Thank you so much for stopping by!

      Delete
  3. YEA! Tell Daisy she needs to lay a few eggs, set on them, then show us how she made them. ☺

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep - that would be amazing wouldnt it! lol

      Delete
  4. Love that chook, how about a tutorial???

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks linda - I just kinda made Daisy up as I went but alot of people have asked me how to make her so I am going to try in the near future to put together either a pattern or a tutorial.I will be sure and let you know when I get it done.
      Jan

      Delete
  5. I have been nagging my mum for ages to teach me how to crochet - after seeing those bright yarns you have there I think I'm going to have to up the nagging! Thanks for leaving a lovely comment on my blog, us newbies need all the encouragement we can get, I'll sign up to follow you too :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Serena,
      I hope she gets to teach you. My mother and grandmother both sewed and crocheted but never did get to teach me. My daughter got me a "I taught myself to Knit" book two Xmases ago and then I bought the crochet version - I like knitting better than crochet but I am better at crocheting. Have fun and thank you for following my blog!
      Jan

      Delete
  6. Hello Jan !
    You hook too ? I have just took my hook again to perform the Wool eater CAL by Sarah London (you can see it in my flickr or blog).
    And a question : I love your Daisy and I want mine ;-) is there a pattern somewhere ?
    Have a nice WIP day :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Celine -
      I checked out your flick and I love the wool eater squares you have made. I need to check out the CAL.
      I hope to get a tutorial or pattern for Daisy done soon. I will post when I have it ready on my blog.
      Have fun with your wool eaters!
      Jan

      Delete
  7. I love your handy hen. It keeps everything together.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you JD - daisy was fun to make!
      Thank you for stopping by!

      Delete
  8. how cute is that little tin. nice yarn too. I am learning to crochet and it is fun.
    thanks for coming by my blog during the bird blog hop and leaving such a sweet comment on my pillow. A snow owl would be neat to see. Living in North Carolina I will not ever see one either. good luck in my giveaway.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks carrie - this yarn has been nice to work with.
      Have fun.
      Jan

      Delete
  9. I'm trying to get through all the comments from Tuesday, too. Love your hexie cranes. I agree with what you're leaning to. Sashiko is super easy. Its just a running stitch with a chunky thread in some sort of pattern. See if your local library has a book on Sashiko, that is what worked wonders for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a great idea Jenny. I will have to check out our local library. Thanks for the idea!
      Jan

      Delete
  10. Love this, it's AMAZING! The sashiko is a great idea... will look fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you - I plan on taking my time with it and maybe by the time I am finished I will have learned some Sashiko! Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete

Hey yall!
Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today! Your words mean so much to me. Thank you for taking time to leave me a comment and if you have a blog, feel free to grab a tractor button from the sidebar and plow along with me! Ain't no tellin what we'll get in to.
xo jan