Thursday, June 27, 2013

Mini Log Cabin Pin Cushion and Day 2 of the "Stamp on It" Blog hop!

After a full day of raking, rolling and hauling hay, I was more than ready to finish up my little Log Cabin Pincushion and put it to good use.

I like really big pincushions. I had some small strips of Pam Kitty Love Fabric that I had left over from my Back to School with Pam Kitty Civil War quilt and a vintage red button, so I used them to make a Log Cabin Pincushion. It measures 5 1/2" square. One can never have enough pincushions or scissors! I really enjoyed after all that hot dusty work today, just sitting outside and working on my little Dutch girl Redwork and sipping some Mint Tea. The simple pleasures of farm living and a needle and thread!

I hope that you had the opportunity Wednesday to check out all the Stamp On It blog hoppers. These ladies are so creative! I can't wait to see what everyone has come up with for tomorrow. Here is Thursday and Fridays schedules:
June 27


And remember Friday is another round of the New Blogger Blog Hop hosted by Beth of Plum and June. Here is fridays schedule:

Friday, June 28
Green @ So Sew Green
Gwendellyn @ The Rainbow Revolts
Jessica @ Stitched In Thyme
Kathy @ Kayak Quilting
Michelle @ Factotum Of Arts
Kris @ Sew Sunshine
Camilla @ Faffling

 So take some time today and friday to stop by all these great blogs and show them what a caring and loving community the online quilting community is. What a great way to meet alot of inspiring people! You might just win one of the giveaways too!

I hope you have a quilty kind of day and take a few moments to enjoy yourself with one of life's simple pleasures!
Linking up with Kelly at My Quilt Infatuation for Needle and Thread Thursday.
xo jan

9 comments :

  1. What do you put inside your pin cushions? This one is super cute!! You are such a hard working gal. Your red work is really coming along!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet pincushion! I love seeing these peeks into your farm life, too. Rolling hay sounds like hard work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute pin cushion! It sounds like you were working hard on the farm, I hope you managed to have a rest too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super sweet pincushion and lovely dutch girl in red! But that hay looks like it's been rolled up for a while... The grass is long again! Better mooooo-ve them off the field!

    ReplyDelete
  5. cute pin cushion! I'd love for you to link it up at Needle and Thread Thursday!

    :) Kelly @ My Quilt Infatuation

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you linked up! thanks!

      :) Kelly

      Delete
  6. Ah mint tea yum! Sounds like you earned that relax time on your porch. Heavenly! As is your new pincushion;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just love this pin cushion!!! THe button is perfect. I haven't made any of these yet, but they are just so darn cute.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your pincushion is really cute and I love the little Dutch girl!
    Have a wonderful weekend Jan!!!

    ReplyDelete

Hey yall!
Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today! Your words mean so much to me. Thank you for taking time to leave me a comment and if you have a blog, feel free to grab a tractor button from the sidebar and plow along with me! Ain't no tellin what we'll get in to.
xo jan