Wednesday, July 3, 2013

My Corn Cob Dress....

Hi yall! Most of you that know me know that I live on a farm with my hubby and we raise alot of cows. Therefore we grow alot of corn.
Somewhere around 25- 30 acres +/-.  Shucks that's a whole lot of corn! (sorry)  But what you didn't know is that I have a Corn Cob Dress and a Sunflower Apron!

Yep - I wear them everytime I head off to the cornfield on my Tractor!

The only problem is my lace pantaloons get tangled up sometimes and my braids get caught up in my bonnet. 
Now you may have noticed that I now have a blog button representing my blog. (just right over there on the right sidebar) This incredibly sweet, genius and multi talented lady made one up and just sent it to me! Talk about a sweet wake up surprise. Now I have to go beg her to add my stunt double up there on the tractor to my button. If not , then we will just say my tractor is sitting idle while I eat my picnic lunch with my darling handsome farmer hubby dude!
But I will tell you this.
Corn cobs sure do chaff your skin when you are ridin' on a tractor!

Also, don't forget, you still have time to enter my Stamp On It giveaway!
You can do that right here! I hope yall enjoyed this Stamp On It blog hop as much as I did.
Thearica of Pigtales and Quilts was a wonderful cheerleader. And where would we be without our fearless leader Mdm Samm!
 I hope yall have a quilty kinda day! Shucks I gotta go find some lotion!
xo jan




15 comments :

  1. Love the corn cob dress! I did a Sunbonnet Sue not too long ago, but not on a tractor too! Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh she is just darling, what perfect fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my, the addition of the 'stunt double' is generous!!! How exciting to have a button all your own.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jan, I meant generous!! It is also generous...you share such wonderful stories.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, this is too cute! Glad you put fashion before comfort and do your tractor riding in dresses and pantaloons!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I looove your little girl she is too cute ;-)
    I think I would make two similar ones sometimes for my daugthers !
    Thank you for the giveaway, I have played yesterday ;-)
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great stamp Jan! How cool to have it as your blog button!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love her and the sweet apron!! So cute!! Happy 4th of July Jan!! xo heather

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations on you rnew button....very cute. She s adorable...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Too cute! And how talented :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sew very cute! What a great button for your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your little tractor block! Did you make the pattern song up yourself? My dad drives a tractor!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow! What a great addition - you in that groovy dress! Much sweeter than coveralls. Ha, ha!

    Lorna:)
    http://sewfreshquilts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow! your block is amazing!!!
    I'm here from the monday Link up!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love it...the finishing with the lace is great

    ReplyDelete

Hey yall!
Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today! Your words mean so much to me. Thank you for taking time to leave me a comment and if you have a blog, feel free to grab a tractor button from the sidebar and plow along with me! Ain't no tellin what we'll get in to.
xo jan