Wednesday, July 24, 2013

W.I.P. Wednesday....

 I have a new little nephew that was born this past Sunday! His name is Benjamin and he is so adorable!  I dug around in my stash and came up with these two charm packs.
"Scoot" from Riley blake and modas "Ten Little Things. I wanted to make a simple patchwork.

I just love combining these two collections. I think they go well together and I have had alot of fun arranging and rearranging these sweet charms.
I have some baby blue Minky that I would like to use for the backing. I have not used minky before and I am a little intimidated. Does anyone have any suggestions or tips for sewing with minky?

Also I would like to say a great big Thank you to Kathy Gentry of   Just Quilt It!  .I won a tulip fabric basket from Kathys "Say it with Flowers" blog hop giveaway!
 I received my Tulip Fabric basket last week and have put it to good use. I love it , so Thank you Kathy!
  And I also wanted to say Thank you to Mdm Samm of Sew We Quilt. A couple of weeks ago I won a Gingham bundle from Riley Blake in the "Tammy Bag" Blog Hop.

Not only did Mdm Samm send me an 11pc Fat Quarter Bundle of  the small
Gingham check from riley blake, but she added as a bonus a huge gorgeous set of Charm squares of Tokyo from Red Rooster Fabrics and a spool of Aurifil thread which I was delighted to receive!
So Thank you very much Mdm Samm. And if you are looking for a blog hop to participate in you should check out Sew We Quilt. Mdm Samm announces upcoming hops on her blog and you can sign up there. I will be participating in two upcoming hops. The "Be A Hexie Queen" blog hop Aug 21st-28th and the "Pin It" pin cushion blog hop Sept 10th-17th. I am excited about both of these hops and will be having giveaways on both. Remember you have to be in it to win it, so be sure and come by during those hops.!

And now I would like to extend a warm welcome to two of my latest followers:
Peggy Moreland
and
It is very nice to meet yall and I am very happy to have yall Plowing Along with me!

Things have been really busy around the farm lately. We have been building fences, hauling hay and Railroad cross ties, weaning calves and putting up squash and banana peppers!


So I haven't had alot of time for sewing but I just couldn't resist working on this sweet little quilt.
I look forward to hearing your suggestions about the minky and seeing your
Work In Progress.
I am linking up to the fabulous  Lee at Freshley Pieced. for W.I.P. Wednesday!
Thank you Lee for hosting this midweek linkup!
I hope yall have a quilty kind of day!
xo jan



14 comments :

  1. Love the patchwork - super sweet fabric and it'll make a great quilt for a new little one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am working with minky for the first time also, let me know what you find out! Love that patchwork top. How sweet are those great prints?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perfect fabrics for a little boy - and, you're right, they work so well together. Am sure he will love the brights and all the little things to find. Sorry, but I'm intimidated by minky too. Good luck! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're on a winning streak! Congratulations :) I haven't sewn with Minky before so I'm no help at all, I'm afraid ... but I absolutely love the quilt top you are putting together!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a sweet happy quilt, so colorful! and all this "i spy" fabrics, just great. Lucky little Benjamin

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the charm square quilt for your new nephew! Such fun favrics!

    ReplyDelete
  7. cute quilt, Jan. Those two fabric lines do play well together!

    :) Kelly @ My Quilt Infatuation

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a cute quilt, and some yummy looking squash you got there too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What an adorable quilt! I love all the bright colors and cute prints! As to working with minky... be sure to use LOTS of pins since minky loves to shift around.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Adorable quilt top! It's always nice seeing cute little quilts for boys.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm expecting my first grandson this fall...so your quilt inspires me. Thanks for sharing! This is my first time at your blog and wanted ya to know it's fun!
    With smiles!
    Val @ myplvl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a sweet quilt and fabrics!! And, your veggies looks so good!! Happy sweet day! xo Heather

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a sweet quilt !! I have my first great nephew due in September so I've also been working on a baby boy quilt. Don't you just LOVE making baby quilts !!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have Minky on several quilts and love it...just have to be careful with the stretch! It is such a nice finish for a little person's quilt. Your nephew will love it! Your fabrics are some that I have been eying. They look great together!

    Congratulations on your treats!
    Happy Sewing,
    Sharon
    (forgetmenotstitches.blogspot.com)

    ReplyDelete

Hey yall!
Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today! Your words mean so much to me. Thank you for taking time to leave me a comment and if you have a blog, feel free to grab a tractor button from the sidebar and plow along with me! Ain't no tellin what we'll get in to.
xo jan