Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Work in Progress and the Pin It Winners!

Hey Yall!
 I hope everyone had a chance to visit all the A-M-A-Z-I-N-G Blog Hoppers participating in the Pin--It Blog hop! This was the most fun blog hop ever! I loved all the creative pin cushions that was shared with us. And  I really got alot of new and fun ideas. Plus there were some great prizes being offered! So without further ado I have our two winners for the Scoot and Sugar and Spice Charm squares:
 True Random Number Generator 39
#39 wins the "Scoot" Charms
Your pincushions are wonderful! I really like your little sewing supply kit in the prescription bottle--I need to dig the one I threw away out of the trash(recycle bag)! Thanks for sharing 

 True Random Number Generator 119
#119 wins the Sugar and Spice Charms
I am loving your cactus! It looks so real, so creative! I like the sugar and spice fabric.
Congratulations Carol and Sue! I will email you for your mailing addresses!

Yall I also want to say a huge Thank you for visiting my blog during this hop! And for all the sweet and fun comments. I just love our online community.  And I have already started making plans for my project for the next hop "Twist to the 60's with batiks!" I haven't ever sewn with Batiks before so this should be a real challenge for me! I can't wait to see everyones projects! 
And I would like to share a little work in progress that I started the other week before we went to the hayfield.


 This is "Gracie Girl" by Lori Holt! It is such a fun line of fabric. And Lori's daughter Kassidy Grace helped design this line. It is very girly girly! ADORABLE! I hope to get back to working on this little quilt very soon!

 And I got these hexie flowers finished for a swap while we were out here:

I could sit out here and sew all day every day!

Yall I kept singing that old song "99 bottles of beer on the wall" only I replaced the words with
"99 Bales of hay in the field,
99 Bales of Hay,
load one up
take it to the barn
98 Bales of hay in the field!" etc.....
Sheesh... there was actually 120 but the barns are full and overflowing so we should have enough hay for the winter! One less thing to worry about!  We will probaly get another cutting and have enough to share some with our neighbors.They've got goats and horses. It has been a very sweet summer indeed. Even Mississippi was happy!

  Probaly because I stopped singing!
Yall I hope you have a great week planned with lots of singing and sewing! And congratulations to our winners!
And a very warm welcome to two of my newest friends and followers:
Deonn @ http://www.quiltscapesqs.com/ and
Vicki @ http://aquiltersmission.blogspot.com/
Welcome to the farm ladies! Feel free to grab a tractor on the sidebar and plow along with us!
Linking up with Lee at Freshly Pieced for WIP Wednesday! You should pop over there and see what everyone else is working on and share with us what you are up to!
xo jan 

6 comments :

  1. Good Morning, I am enjoying the Chicken updates! I am a true city girl. Looking forward to seeing what you will be up to in the 60's blog hop!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the pup smiles!! Those blocks with the Gracie fabric are amazing!! What fantastic colors and prints. By the way Jan, your pincushion post inspired me to make a few myself. I have never made a pincushion, but I felt left out!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmm....I think we used to sing 99 bottles of beer on the wall! Cute!

    Your hexies are great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That takes me back to my childhood, I could pitch a bale of hay by the time I was 12, would not want to do it now though. Your close up reminded me that I need a ring pincushion and those could have been my hands. Mississippi is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete

Hey yall!
Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today! Your words mean so much to me. Thank you for taking time to leave me a comment and if you have a blog, feel free to grab a tractor button from the sidebar and plow along with me! Ain't no tellin what we'll get in to.
xo jan