Thursday, January 2, 2014

Yeehaw Yall! It's 2014....

Well yall it is ALREADY January 2, 2014 and I am just now getting the chance to tell yall a very HAPPY NEW YEAR! So where were yall when we slammed the barn door on 2013 and hitched up the team and rode into 2014? Celebrating with friends and family? Snuggled on the sofa watching the wonderful and exciting chaos happening around the world? Or leading a glamorous life like me?


Sitting at the Stockyard selling calves!
 Yall the exhuberant cheering of the crowds at Times Square in NYC on New Years Eve was a mere whisper compared to the ding of bawling these calves were making being away from their homes for the first time! Couple that with the ramblings of the Auctioneer made me very glad that I remembered to bring my Ipod!  But all was not lost, I also brought along some handsewing.....
Yessssireee! Sitting through approxiamately 1100 cows/calves being auctioned takes quite awhile. But look at all my honeycombs I was able to cut out and piece.
So, I just wanted to pop in real quick and tell yall Happy New Year! I have so many mixed feelings for the last year it is really hard to put into words. I would like to say, that I started this blog back in February not really knowing what to expect and not really knowing WHY. I had been reading alot of very popular blogs for awhile and I know that I wanted a place to share my sewing and farm life. At first I thought I must not be doing something right or maybe I was boring everyone to tears. I was so worried about my blog becoming POPULAR!(which is very out of character for me) But somewhere along the way, things started changing. I really started enjoying the act of sharing a little bit of my life with yall and forgot about whether or not I (Sew and Sow Farm) was becoming popular.  But mostly, I fell in love with all of yall. Your lives and your stories. Your creative processes and your failures. This community welcomed me with open arms. Chickens and all! So I would love to say THANK YOU! Thank you to every one that has ever read a single post of mine, Thank you for all your kind words and the TIME that you gave me to me and Thank You to every one of you for sharing the bits and bobs of your life. I look forward to seeing what yall are up to this year and I hope you will find something to enjoy around here!
xo jan

12 comments :

  1. I for one am so glad that you started your blog. I have had a blast getting to know you and seeing all that you have to share! You bring a big smile to my face every time I read your posts. So, thank YOU!
    Happy New Year to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your farm stories are always interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very glamours Jan. LOL. I was in bed at my usual time, about 7:45! Not only am I an early bird, but my baby is bringing in teeth and keeps me up all night. Happy New Year to you, I look forward to your bits and bobs of farming and quilting :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just from the first photos, I could almost smell your glamorous life. LOL You sure made good use of your time. Your hoeycombs are beautiful! Can't wait to hear more stories of glamour from Geogia.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy New Year Jan! And what a good way to put time to good use, EPP at a cow auction, hilarious! Wishing you a successful 2014 I look forward to reading all about it. Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so happy to see the peeks into your life of sewing and living on a farm! Thanks for sharing your sewing talent and your "daily" moments with us!

    Susie

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are so welcome, Jan! I love your blog and the chickens! So happy we met this first year of blogging together. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy New Year Jan! I love your blog. It's unique! :) Way to go on multi tasking on New Year's Eve. I too was enjoying my iPod. (My brother and sister went in together on one for me for Christmas.) I was in bed with my iPod and tablet reading quilting blogs and websites at midnight. The kids were driving me bonkers so we watched the ball drop in NYC at 10 p.m. our time and put the 5 year old to bed. Then the 8 year old and his Dad went to the basement to build Lego sets and I crawled into my new flannel sheets (a Christmas gift from my Mom and Dad).

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy 2014 to you, Jan! It has been a pleasure to get to know you!

    :) Kelly @ My Quilt Infatuation

    ReplyDelete
  10. Jan . . . I am "new" to your blog, but already I am charmed and captivated. My husband and I both enjoyed your blog and pics about creating EPP octagons while watching the cattle auction!!!! Love it!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What beautiful hexagons and I remember going to a auction like that......noisy!1

    ReplyDelete
  12. I used to be more than happy to find this web-site.I required to thanks to your efforts and effort for this fantastic learn!! I positively experiencing every little little bit of it and I have you saved to take a look at new factors you short content.
    Top Ten Web Hosting Reviews

    ReplyDelete

Hey yall!
Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today! Your words mean so much to me. Thank you for taking time to leave me a comment and if you have a blog, feel free to grab a tractor button from the sidebar and plow along with me! Ain't no tellin what we'll get in to.
xo jan