Monday, February 23, 2015

Chubby Churn Dash Mini...







 Aurifil's Designer of the Month for February 2015 is Joanna Figueroa of Fig Tree Quilts! I love Joanna's style and her fabrics, so I was really excited to see what Mini quilt pattern she was going to present for the Aurifil February Mini of the Month. Eeek! A Mini Chubby Churn Dash! Those that know me, know that I LOVE Churn Dash Quilts! In ANY size! But a mini? I couldn't wait to start planning my mini.
  I was browsing through a seed catalog dreaming of warm sunshine and bright sunny flowers, so I pulled a few fabrics and my favorite Aurifil threads in a rainbow of colors! And I've made a great start getting all these little pretties cut up!
   If you want to join in all the fun, you can find the free pattern here AND be sure to link up your Mini each month to the Aurifil FLICKR group for your chance to win a 12 Large Spools box of Aurifil each and every month!
 Now, unless I want to hand sew the entire mini quilt, I need to see if I can get a machine up and running. Wish me luck!
xo jan

5 comments :

  1. WOW! I love this Post>EYE CANDY GALORE !
    Thanks for sharing!
    msstitcher1214@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, your fabric pull has me yearning for spring! I cannot wait for my lilacs to bloom. My favorite flower. I look forward to breathing in the fragrance!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love, love, love the beautiful colors and those Aurifil threads just take my breath away. We have a real feel of 2 degrees right now so I think I'll get my catalogs and dream of summer flowers too, after I check out that adorable mini churn dash (I like hole in the barn door as it's name also). Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  4. I pulled my fabric Friday night but I need to pick up a larger piece for the background. Cannot wait to see yours. I finished the first one but I have not quilted it yet. Trying to finish up another project before I start the quilting. Been so many years since I hand quilted it will take some practice.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What wonderful, bright colors! blessings, marlene

    ReplyDelete

Hey yall!
Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today! Your words mean so much to me. Thank you for taking time to leave me a comment and if you have a blog, feel free to grab a tractor button from the sidebar and plow along with me! Ain't no tellin what we'll get in to.
xo jan