Friday, February 20, 2015

Farm Love Friday and the Winners!!


























  
 Oh my! This past week has been so fruitful and so cold! We finally managed to get some more of the corn picked! Usually we have it out by Thanksgiving! So thankful that it is still standing and that we are able to get through the frozen, muddy fields.  When I was walking through the pasture, the calves all had to follow me around and help me check out one of the new babies. I feel like I am continually holding my breath during this frigid weather. So afraid one of the little ones will get sick. They look so shaggy and warm with their winter coat. It is surprisingly soft. Once they satisfy their curiosity with me, they line up along the pasture fence to watch the corn picker go past. They can barely see it above the brush and stalks. I noticed the ice covered mountain and head back to the house to bring up some firewood and check on the twins who continually find something to butt heads about! They run and play and fuss and butt heads like any brother and sister would. The new calf at the barn has been their latest point of contention!
  February 18th  marked the two year anniversary of Sew and Sow Farm blog. I have so enjoyed sharing my sewing and farming adventures with each and every one of you! Farm life can be very lonely and isolating. You, my friends, make each and every day better!  I look forward to another fun year!
 Thank you to everyone that celebrated with me and entered the giveaway! Thank you so very much to Aurifil and the Fat Quarter Shop for sponsoring these fantastic prizes! They are both very generous companies and really do care about our sewing and crafting community!
 So let's pick us a couple of winners!

 First the winner of the Fat Quarter Shop $75.00 gift certificate is:

#96. Cheri, the Quilting NannyFebruary 14, 2015 at 8:38 PM
I follow you via email! THanks for the inspiration! And I LOVE LOVE LOVE your pillowcases!!!

And the winner of the Aurifil 12 Large Spools Collection is:

Love all your Valentine creations....so darn cute!
Thanks so much for the chance to win :0)......how nice of you .

Happy Sewing and Happy 2nd blogversary :0)

 WOOHOO!!!!!!!! Congratulations to the winners! Ladies I will be contacting you for your contact information and mailing address! 
Thank you everyone for entering and I hope you enjoyed visiting around and had the opportunity to meet some of my incredibly talented friends out there!
Happy Stitching yall!
Stay Warm!
xo jan 


16 comments :

  1. congrats to the winners, enjoyed all the photos

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations to the lucky winners!
    I love the photos of the calves - what breed?? I'm guessing not a breed we have in the UK!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all the pictures, "red" is my fav. Congrats to the winners

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats to the winners, and L O V E the fuzzy faces. They are all so sweet looking.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations to the lucky winners. I love your photos just gorgeous - thanks for sharing them!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Rosemary B here:
    Lucky winners. They will enjoy those prizes!!
    I love the baby cows. Your farm looks very busy. I am so glad that the animals are staying warm.
    You take good care of them

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Jan...Love the pics of your farm, especially the shaggy cows! What breed are they? Could you get a pic of the dark little one with the white marking on his head? Can't decide if it is a heart shape or horns shape. Thanks! Gayle

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't know if it's your camera or my computer but your pictures are so beautiful and sharp and clear! blessings, marlene

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such inspirational photos and what a delight to see the new life you have reared - the promise of new growth and spring!
    Congrats to the winners : )

    ReplyDelete
  10. I came to tell you what a great photographer you are, and I see from the other comments that I am not alone in that opinion. Thanks for sharing your world with us. My daughter will LOVE seeing all the little calves.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you for the lovely photos of your part of the country. It brought a smile to my face. The babies are always a favorite. Our stock in Nevada has lost most of the winter coats because of our very mild winter. Wishing you another wonderful year.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love reading about your adventures. I am a city girl, but love the country. Your photographs are wonderful. Thank you so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful photos of s very special part of this incredible country. Love all of your babies!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for the congratulations on winning from all the lovely ladies above and thank you Jan for this wonderful gift! I am so excited to win!
    Oh how I'd love to pet one of those darling calves.......how to you keep yourself from falling in love with' em?

    Thanks again, Happy Sewing!

    ReplyDelete
  15. loved seeing photos from the farm. I am also a city dweller but I adore the No Ga mountains. we vacation there every chance we get to get away from the crazed life in a large metro area. congrats to the winners. Mel

    ReplyDelete

Hey yall!
Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today! Your words mean so much to me. Thank you for taking time to leave me a comment and if you have a blog, feel free to grab a tractor button from the sidebar and plow along with me! Ain't no tellin what we'll get in to.
xo jan