Wednesday, February 25, 2015

W.I.P. Chubby Churn Dash....










Oh Chubby Churn Dash how fun you are! Impossible to make just one! I was able to get  the Singer 401a
up and  running. However I am having a tension problem. It will sew fine for awhile and then , bam, the tension gets so tight you can hardly pull the thread through the tension discs! Anyone know what is causing that??
  I decided to mix up the colors on my little chubbies instead of making each churn dash all the same color. I used a gray pindot for the sashings and a little print for the cornerstones. I think it looks so much like spring! I really like how it looks but I think I want to do a little more to it. Maybe another border. A scrappy binding? I want it to be a flower garden theme mini to hang in my potting shed!
  If you would like to join in the fun , you can find the Aurifil Flickr Group here and the pattern for this adorable little chubby here. And don't forget , if you make one, be sure to upload a photo to the flickr group for a chance to win a 12 Large Spools Thread collection from Aurifil!
  I am linking up with Lee at Freshley Pieced for Work in Progress Wednesday!  We are expecting a little snow storm, so if I don't loose power, maybe I can get this little Chubby finished up this week! Woohoo!
Happy Stitching yall!
Stay safe and warm!
xo jan

19 comments :

  1. Sometimes a tiny piece of lint will cause this. Take a stiff piece of paper (a dollar bill works great too) and run it between the tension discs. This should get the lint out. Good luck!
    Your quilt top is looking beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These chubbies are adorable! Sorry cant help you with the tension problem - hope also that you don't loose the power :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely use off these fabrics. I love the blocks you made

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the fabrics you selected.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We have the best Singer guy here, Niagara Falls, too bad he is so far away

    ReplyDelete
  6. I absolutely love all the brought colors you're using for your churn dash!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good luck with your tension problems. I have read that you can "floss" between your tension discs with a coarser thread to get any lint out. Your chubbies are cute!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Agree with those suggesting lint/tiny piece of thread in the tension disks. A piece of paper as suggested by Joyce or thin fabric can work. Have never tried coarser thread. I'm finding that kona cotton creates alot of lint and it looks like your adorable dashes have kona as the background. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love it, and your pictures! I keep wanting to do a churn dash, but haven't yet...I think I need to just do it! Hope you figure out your tension problem! How aggravating!

    Here via WIP Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those chubby little churn dash blocks are sew, sow pretty! Love the bright fabrics you chose and the dark sashing really shows them off nicely. Looking good!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So bright and pretty! I may do my next quilt a chubby churn. You've inspired me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kristen - I tried to reply but you are showing as a no reply blogger. That means no one can contact you, even in contests etc, but here is a link to fix that.
      Thank you for stopping by!
      xo jan
      http://anyonecandecorate.blogspot.com/2012/09/are-you-no-reply-blogger-how-to-fix.html

      Delete
  12. The perfect colors to stitch in this dismal weather. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a bright, fun quilt Jan! Good luck with the tension issues, I was going to suggest cleaning out between the disks too. lol.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I use a fuzzy pipe cleaner between my discs to clean them. Good luck and live anything chubby especially babies! 😊

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Chirpy - I tried to reply to your comment but you are showing as a no reply blogger. Here is a link to fix that . xo jan
      http://anyonecandecorate.blogspot.com/2012/09/are-you-no-reply-blogger-how-to-fix.html

      Delete
  15. Jan Your little Snow Lady is really darling, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  16. These churn dash blocks are really cute. Loved your visitor on your most recent post too!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I cannot find the pattern . the link above does not work can someone help

    ReplyDelete

Hey yall!
Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today! Your words mean so much to me. Thank you for taking time to leave me a comment and if you have a blog, feel free to grab a tractor button from the sidebar and plow along with me! Ain't no tellin what we'll get in to.
xo jan