Hey ya'll! Each summer I like to choose a Charity and help out however I can. The 10 little dresses above I made for Little dresses for Africa" in 2013. I chose LDFA once again this summer. If you are not familiar with this organization, you can read more about them HERE!
Often seamstresses will get together and have a sewing party to make these simple but adorable dresses to send to little girls in need around the globe. Since I do not have any sewing buddies that live near the farm, I thought I would invite all of you to join me online for a LDFA Sew Along! And we have some great sponsors with fabulous prizes! Woohoo!
You can use cotton pillowcases or 100% cotton yardage. Try to chose good quality fabrics that you cannot see through and fabrics that will hold up through a lot of washing! Remember the Dress you make may be the only dress that the child receiving it has to wear. It needs to last. If you are using pillowcases, you can find the pattern HERE! If you are using yardage, you can find a pattern HERE! They also need Boy shorts of all sizes!!!
Pictured below are the fabrics, double fold bias tape and beautiful Aurifil threads that I will be working with! ( you can find a list of supplies on the pattern links).
I would love it if ya'll could join in with me and sew a few dresses and/or shorts! To give us a little incentive, my wonderful sponsors are offering a few prizes!
First we have (4) Four - $50.00 gift Certificates from the Fat Quarter Shop! Four winners will each receive one $50.00 gift certificate to spend on what ever they choose at the Fat Quarter Shop! Woohoo! I love a shopping spree! Thank you Fat Quarter Shop for your generosity!
And we have (2) fabulous thread boxes from Aurifil thread!
One lucky winner will receive a 10 spool 50wt. Collector box of "Gleeful by Carolina Hulse. I love these yummy colors!
And a Second lucky reader will receive a 12 Large Spools 40 wt.Collection of Arizona by April Rhodes! I love 40 wt! And these colors are gorgeous! I am seriously crushing on these beauties!
So, how do you participate and get a chance to win one of these lovely 6 prizes?
1. Grab some fabric and/or pillowcases and one of the patterns here or here! Or use your own simple pattern.
2. You can make one or more dresses or shorts or both! These are simple and fun to make! I hope to get at least 10 dresses made! You can get together with friends or even your Guild Members and have a sewing party! (mailing instructions are found with the patterns and you are responsible for the postage and mailing your dresses/shorts.)
3. Take photos of your Dresses and/or shorts. (Be sure to take photos BEFORE you mail them!)
4. Come back here on July 5th and link up with your photo. If you have a blog, please share this post on your blog and invite your friends to participate! You can grab a "2015 LDFA Sew Along" button from the sidebar with the html code and post it to your blog's sidebar and your blog post about the sew along! If you do not have a blog, you can post your dresses and or shorts to facebook and link up to the facebook post!
5. Winners will be randomly selected after the linky party.
You can also share the 2015 Little Dresses for Africa Sew Along button above on facebook, twitter, pinterest, instagram etc... I will be sharing this on face book , so please find me on face book and share! Help spread the word and let's get some Dresses and Shorts made!
Please note that only Dresses/Shorts made between today, 6/20/2015 and 7/5/2015 are eligible. Please do not link up dresses/shorts made prior to this date. International entries are welcome, however,please remember that you will be responsible for postage and mailing your dresses/shorts to the appropriate addresses.
Please let me know if you have any questions! I can't wait to see the parade of Little dresses and Shorts on July 5th! So gather your friends and fabrics and have a great time stitching!
I love the Little Dresses for Africas' motto: "
"We're not just sending dresses, We're sending Hope!"
Thank ya'll for participating!
Welcome new friends and followers! We are so happy to have ya'll plowing along with us! Grab a Tractor and LDFA button from the sidebar!