Thursday, July 2, 2015

Decorative Stitching and Little Dresses for Africa!

 One of my friends, Alex, of Lixie Makes It!, posted a photo on her blog of a couple of the Little Dresses for Africa that she is making for our Sew - Along!. She is so smart! She used Decorative Stitching in her machine to stitch around the hemline!
Swiped this photo from Alex at http://lixiemakesit.blogspot.com/2015/06/two-little-dresses-for-africa-ldfa.html


That is sooooo adorable! I love this idea. I just wished I had seen this before I finished my little Dresses!
  But wait! I have one more dress to finish! And I have a machine that makes Decorative Stitching!

   Since my last dress was already hemmed, I thought I would try it on the Bias Tape Ties!  So, I loaded up my machine with some Aurifil #2021 in 50wt and a new needle and experimented on some extra pieces of Double Fold Bias Tape.
I curved a piece to make sure I could do Decorative Stitching while going around the armholes:

It worked great! I think it adds a little extra sweetness!

 What about you? Are you sewing along with us? It is not too late! You can find all the information about the sew along here! You must have at least one dress and or shorts finished and photographed to link up this Sunday, July 5th! You will be mailing them directly to the address on the Little Dresses for Africa website, so you can finish them after the linky if you need to. You will need to link to a current blog and or facebook post to be eligible to win one of 6 prizes!
 These are sew fun and quick to make! Maybe I can find time to make a few more before Sunday!
Happy Stitching ya'll!
Have a safe and Happy 4th!
xo jan

5 comments :

  1. I finished one today, but now I am thinking about stitching the bias ties! I hope to knock out a second one tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE your special touch of sweetness with the decorative stitching. Blessings...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Precious!
    Your dresses will be SO loved!

    ReplyDelete

Hey yall!
Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today! Your words mean so much to me. Thank you for taking time to leave me a comment and if you have a blog, feel free to grab a tractor button from the sidebar and plow along with me! Ain't no tellin what we'll get in to.
xo jan