Saturday, July 4, 2015

Little Dresses for Africa Linky Party!

 Welcome to the first Annual Little Dresses for Africa Sew Along Linky Party at Sew and Sow Farm! Each summer I like to choose a project to make for charity. In 2013, I found out about an organization that makes and collects simple little dresses to help clothe children around the world, Little Dresses for Africa! I really enjoyed making those first dresses. So this year, I decided to do it again and asked for some help from ya'll! I also asked some of my sponsors to give us a little incentive to Sew - Along! Aurifl and the Fat Quarter Shop didn't hesitate and have offered some very nice prizes! I have the BEST sponsors! They are ALWAYS so generous! I have been making some little dresses too! I am so excited ! I set a goal of 10 Little Dresses and gues what?, I reached that goal! Woohoo!
    I had to hurry outside yesterday and quickly get them on the clothesline between thunderstorms to get a photo:
I made 4 Size Small, 1 Size Medium, 2 Size Large and 3 Size Extra Large!They range from 13" long all the way to 43" long! These were so much fun and so very easy! I hope whoever receives them enjoys them! And I still have some fabric to use up! I already have them sorted, packaged and labelled, ready to ship:

So, have you been making any? It's time to link up those Dresses and Shorts!

1. You must link to a specific and current blog post or face book post. Not just to your homepage.
2. Please visit at least one person before your link and one person after your link. We want to share our sewing and be sure and leave nice comments! We all love receiving comments and encouragement on our efforts! Plus it's a nice way to make new friends!
3. Please take time to visit Aurifl and the Fat Quarter Shop and let them know how much we appreciate their great prizes!You can see the prizes here! You can tell them all about your dresses and /or shorts or just tell them hi! Tell them I said hi too! They are both fantastic and generous companies with superior products!
4. Share, share , share! Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, twitter, blogs.....I would love to make this a yearly event and the more people we have making dresses and shorts, the more children we can help!
5. Be sure to follow up and get your items in the mail! You can find packaging and mailing instructions here.
 http://www.littledressesforafrica.org/blog/
6. The link up will only remain open until 11:59 pm EST July 5, 2015!!!!!!!! You must add your link before then to be eligible to win one of the prizes! You must link to at least one completed dress or boy shorts. You can still make more after the linky !
7. Winners will be announced on Tuesday July 7th right here on this blog! BE SURE TO CHECK BACK HERE ON TUESDAY! SEVERAL OF YOU ARE SHOWING AS "NO REPLY" SO I HAVE NO WAY TO REACH YOU IF YOU WIN ONE OF THE PRIZES!!
 Thank you all so much for participating!!
 So let's get this party started! Follow the Linky below to add your photo and links! (click on the "click here to enter")


1 comment :

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Hey yall!
Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today! Your words mean so much to me. Thank you for taking time to leave me a comment and if you have a blog, feel free to grab a tractor button from the sidebar and plow along with me! Ain't no tellin what we'll get in to.
xo jan