Wednesday, September 23, 2015

It's "Sew Simple"!

 Last week I was able to sneak away from the farm for an afternoon and I headed straight to Chattanooga for the AQS Quilt Show! I had signed up for a class and a lecture so I didn't have alot of time to actually see  all the gorgeous quilts! I did walk around for about an hour and visited with a few friends working in some of the vendor booths. One thing that I really noticed as I walked around, was how helpful, caring and friendly everyone was toward one another! I kept hearing things like " I wish I knew how to do that!" or "I wonder how she did that?" or "I wish I could learn that!"  and ALOT of "I could NEVER do that!" . Everyone was more than happy to share their process and encourage each other. So that got me to thinking. I wish we had a place where we could share our tips, techniques and tutorials! Just simple everyday stuff. like how to bind, Free motion quilting on a domestic machine, Applique, English paper Piecing, time saving shortcuts, cute little projects, maybe even no sew projects etc...etc...etc....Crafts?? Holiday projects! Quilters as a community have a very, and I mean VERY, vast wealth of information! 
  So I thought maybe we could have a MONTHLY LINKY PARTY to share our helpful hints and sweet little projects! AND I contacted my sponsors and they are very excited to offer prizes along the way! Woohoo! So get ready for....................



Yeehaw!!! This will not only be fun, but you could win some awesome prizes along the way, such as Aurifil thread sets from Aurifil  and gift certificates from the Fat Quarter Shop just for linking up, sharing and caring! I LOVE my sponsors!
  So, the very first "Sew Simple Saturday" link up will be Saturday, October 3, 2015! Get ready to link up to your blog post or face book post with a helpful tip or tutorial. It doesn't have to be a completed project, or an entire tutorial,  just something that you have learned along the way and would like to share or teach to others! We will then plan on the FIRST SATURDAY OF EACH MONTH for Sew Simple Saturdays!
  I will pop back in, right here on this blog with a reminder and some helpful guidelines for linking up before
October 3rd! So mark your Calendars with the date (Oct 3rd) and get those ideas and tips ready! I made us a cute little "Sew Simple Saturday" button on the right sidebar that you can grab for your blogs! Help spread the word and I'll see ya'll back here real soon!
This is so exciting!!!!!!!!!!
xo jan


7 comments :

  1. A great idea - so much knowledge out thre!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes- there really is - and I have alot to learn! Hope you can link up! xo

      Delete
  2. You are so sweet to think of that and then put it to action! That is why I love following you...you are so generous and fun...really fun. I am looking forward to the 3rd now. YAY! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Claudia! I am excited. There is so much I need to learn and what better way than a fellow quilter/crafter! Hope you can link up. xo

      Delete
  3. Sounds like you had an inspiring time at the show - the link up idea sounds like a great one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Something I'll be looking forward too. I could use a lot of tips and tricks. I love Aurifil thread and even though it costs more, it's worth it for something you want to take pride in. I love going to the quilt stores that teach or my yarn store where I took crochet lessons. Like minds gather and share what/how they did their projects. A person gets so inspired just like you did! Be seeing ya!

    ReplyDelete

Hey yall!
Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today! Your words mean so much to me. Thank you for taking time to leave me a comment and if you have a blog, feel free to grab a tractor button from the sidebar and plow along with me! Ain't no tellin what we'll get in to.
xo jan