Friday, October 23, 2015

Apple pie, Autumn,Turkey Table topper and Farm Love Friday 10.23.15!














Well Autumn is finally upon us! I love this time of year. It seems like I am able to accomplish so much more with this cooler weather! Fresh Apple pies, (8 quarts of Apples in the freezer too) mama cows, chasing chickens, kitties and Turkey Table toppers!
 The leaves are not near as pretty this year as they normally are, but I did gain some inspiration for my Autumn Table Runner! I think Fall colors are my favorite! I really enjoyed working on this Patchwork of the Crosses runner. I made the three POTC blocks and appliqued them onto the background. I still have to applique the divider squares. I love the background and border fabrics. I just need to decide how to quilt it! It will finish at 18"x 42". I decided to put a few kits in my ETSY shop. These are pretty simple blocks with very easy fussy cutting, so it will make a great beginner project! I can't wait to get it finished and on my table!
 Our next Sew Simple Saturday Linky Party will be November 7th! I have been working on a cute little project for that also! Are you planning on linking up? We will once again have a great thread set from Aurifil and a gift certificate from the Fat Quarter Shop! So get those tips, techniques and tutorials ready to Link up!

And here is the recipe for my Apple Pie:
 . 6 cups assorted sliced Cooking Apples ( Sun Crisp, Mutsu,Rome Beauty,Stayman,Ozark Gold are a few of the varieties for our area)
. 1/2 cup or less of sugar ( I am diabetic, plus these apples are so good you don't need much sugar)
. Dash or two of cinnamon
. Pinch of table salt ( helps bring out the juice of the apples)
. few pats of butter
. prepared pie crusts

When I am short on time I like to use Pillsbury Ready to Use Refrigerated Crusts.
Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
Unroll one of the pie crust and lay it in the pie dish.
Combine sugar,salt and cinnamon until well blended.
Sprinkle Sugar mixture over the 6 cups of sliced Apples and toss until well coated. Dump into pie crust.
 Let apples sit for 15 minutes or so until juice starts drawing out.
Dot apples with butter.
Cover with second crust , press edges together and cut slits in top of pie to allow steam to escape.
Cover edges with foil to prevent burning.
Bake in 425 degree oven for 35-40 minutes, remove foil and continue baking until edges are golden brown and apples are bubbling.
Remove and let cool for as long as you can stand it! Then cut and enjoy!
Mmmmmm! The pie above didn't last long with the hunny around, so I guess it's time to make another!

Happy Fall ya'll! Thank you for stopping by! Be sure and get those projects ready for the next linky party!
Welcome to all my new friends and followers!

Linking up with a new-to-me fun blog! : Cath@Home
                                                 And: Sarah @ Can I get a Whoop Whoop!
xo jan


11 comments :

  1. Love the photos, and I think I see a pie in my future...maybe this weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all your pictures! Apple pie is my fav, mom made it for me all the time. I love mutzu apples, most folks have never heard of them. I don't know how you get so much done with all you have to do, but I sure am glad you do. Thanks for sharing, happy Fall!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What fabulous photos...would you consider linking up with my link party on Cath@Home....Fun Friday Favourites! I am looking forward to your Linky on 7 Nov.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Still loving your pics! thanks for linking and also for the reference on your post!
      Cathxx

      Delete
  4. Love the Thanksgiving table topper with the turkeys. I just got into the baking mood today since our temps have been warmer than normal but your pie makes me think I shall be baking one tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Apple Pie one of my absolute favourite deserts. I think cinnamon in the apple is the secret to a good filling.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yum. That apple pie looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cath, what a fabulous post. :) Your apple pie is gorgeous, and I love our fellow creatures - what a nice treat here. (That Patchwork of the Crosses design really calls to me.)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very nice article with delicious recipe.
    Thanks for sharing with us.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, yum, that apple pie looks soooo good!! Thanks for the recipe!! And I love the blocks with the turkey centers!! Jan, I always love seeing pictures of your farm, makes me want to grow younger so I can live on a farm again!! :-))

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks a lot for the recipe of an apple pie. I just wanted to bake one and your post with recipe is exactly in time

    ReplyDelete

Hey yall!
Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today! Your words mean so much to me. Thank you for taking time to leave me a comment and if you have a blog, feel free to grab a tractor button from the sidebar and plow along with me! Ain't no tellin what we'll get in to.
xo jan