Friday, October 9, 2015

Farm Love Friday 10.9.15












It is so hard to believe that Autumn is here. My scraggly pot of Sedum has made a come back and is blooming. A GIANT dandelion is growing behind a small trailer. It is way over my head even with me standing on the trailer. Maybe I should call Guinness Book of World records. Libby is 15 months old and the bull has been after her. We put her up in the barn because we don't want her bred yet. She loves laying in the hay as much as eating it. Every time I walk past the hay barn, my brow furrows with worry at the how much we have left to go to see it full for the winter. I don't think we are going to make it this year. I've lost count over the last few weeks as to how many calves we still have. The Morning Doves have abandoned the pine by the barn. I love how the little white, wild Asters make me smile.My sweet Lily seems to be really lonely with out Lucy. She doesn't hang around the other chickens much. We lost Lucy this summer and I really miss her. (is it crazy to say I miss a chicken? Have I turned into the crazy chicken lady?)And I seem to be growing Cat Nip Nap without even trying.
  How is your Autumn starting out?
And no post would be complete without a Patchwork of the Crosses block.

Thank you for stopping by ya'll.
Happy Friday!
xo jan

8 comments :

  1. Beautiful white chicken,I grew up on a farm and was partial to chickens,even if I did get attacked by a Mother hen when I picked up a baby chick.My Brother has a farm in the Hazel Creek area.I asked him about the place you said ya`ll buy farm equipments and he knew all about them.He bought a hay baler from them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. guess I didn't realize poor little yearlings could be bred so young - sad ... glad you are keeping her put up, that just seems to young to me to put her on the path the motherhood. Yes it is getting somewhat cooler here in the deep south. Enjoy your weekend ! Mel

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's getting cooler in Kentucky too, the humming birds are gone and the chickadees and nuthatches are going crazy in the feeders. I'm starting Christmas sewing. Love the cross block.
    And there is nothing wrong with being a crazy chicken lady, take it from one who knows. Got a few myself. I have never see a multiple bloom dandelion before, let alone that tall. I would google that. Nice hey rolls. are they wrapped? How many many are you feeding?
    Have a blessed weekend.
    Tonia

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your photography, especially the flowers, is so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your photography, especially the flowers, is so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fall is a beautiful time of year. Love your photos.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love all of these photos. I love almost all animals and chickens too. They are so sweet

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful pictures of your animals and Lucy!

    ReplyDelete

Hey yall!
Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today! Your words mean so much to me. Thank you for taking time to leave me a comment and if you have a blog, feel free to grab a tractor button from the sidebar and plow along with me! Ain't no tellin what we'll get in to.
xo jan