Tuesday, December 22, 2015

Birds of a Feather......A Challenge!


Yeah - this is a real challenge. I mean, I love panels ...sometimes... and The Duck Boys as my hubby fondly refers to them are presenting a real challenge to me to make this pretty. But since this is for the hubster to use in his truck, maybe it doesn't have to be PRETTY.
 Keeping things Low Tech,  I decided no Duck Boys quilt would be complete without some Flying Geese (akaDucks) :

Then I tumbled around a few more ideas and added in some fussy cutting:


It was all so exhausting:


and I am still at it, with a friend (angel!) on standby to get it quilted at the last minute.Quilting sometimes is just not all it's Quacked up to be. I like to live Low Tech in this High Tech World as Mr Phil Robertson would say!
   
So,  I think it was very appropriate to walk outside and see this:


Now if I can just get my ducks in a row like these geese are VERY loudly trying to do, then maybe I can have this thing wrapped up by Christmas!
  Happy Winter Solstice everyone! Please wish me luck! I'm gonna need it on this one!
xo jan

4 comments :

  1. It looks like it is going to be very nice when you get it done. I'm sure he will like it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love it.
    Merry Christmas dear friend

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea. I enjoyed reading your post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you are having a lot of fun with that panel and your hubby will love it! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete

Hey yall!
Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today! Your words mean so much to me. Thank you for taking time to leave me a comment and if you have a blog, feel free to grab a tractor button from the sidebar and plow along with me! Ain't no tellin what we'll get in to.
xo jan