Friday, January 22, 2016

Patchwork of the Crosses, Mystery Blocks, The New Hexagon and In The Garden Blog Hop!!


Happy Friday everyone! Things have really been busy around here lately. And the weather has turned horrid! 
 I have been working on my 2016 English Paper Pieced Valentine table runner. This is my favorite fabric to use for Valentines Day!

  I love the Chrysanthemum Heart! It is a little tricky and easy to get the pieces confused. I found it really helps to number each card stock (Frt1 Back1 etc... )  template on the front and back so you can keep them in order while piecing.

And the Patchwork of the Crosses block is really fun with two layout options!



It is the SAME block! Each one is fussy cut differently! So much fun and very easy to make!.

I do have kits available in the ETSY shop. These are really cute individually as Mug Rugs also! I  have matching Aurifil Thread available! And needles, and templates, etc..!!

Have you started on any Valentine Projects yet? I will have a fun and easy tutorial for a Valentine project for that special someone in your life coming up on our next Sew Simple Saturday on February 6th!!!

And, I have started a Patchwork of the Crosses Mystery ! The first Friday and the third Friday of each month I offer two Patchwork of the Crosses Mystery Block kits! There are no set number of blocks that you have to purchase. You may want to make a lap quilt, a wall hanging, place-mats, or bed quilts. This is an ongoing Mystery so the possibilities are endless. I give sneak peeks of the fabric kits as they are available in the ETSY shop!

And we started "The New Hexagon" Quilt Along in the ETSY shop! We are using "The New Hexagon" Book by Katja Marek and each month we offer fabric packs for 4 or 5 blocks!

 Since you do need the book in order to make the blocks we have the book on sale!

I also have the complete 32 piece acrylic set at half price for a limited time only!   I love this set because you can not only fussy cut blocks for this pattern , but you can reuse the templates for other patterns!


And we even have the COMPLETE Paper Template pack!


These pieced hexagons are sew much fun.And great to quilt as you go(some call them Hickory Nuts) and then they are ready to put together into a finished quilt! Katja has a facebook group that is doing the quilt as you go method here!

    And I am participating in a Blog Hop hosted by Amy from Sew Incredibly Crazy . It is the "In the Garden Blog Hop!
Sew Incredibly Crazy

Here is the entire schedule and you can read more about the blog hop here! :
February
March
Carol – Just Let Me Quilt
April
May
June
July
August
September
October
November
December
January
Amy – Sew Incredibly Crazy– Final Blocks and wrap up


Whew! So much happening for the new year! I think my 2016 Word for the year -"GROW" is working already!


Don't forget Sew Simple Saturday coming up February 6th! I am making my project for my Sweetheart and I will be sharing the tutorial. We will also have prizes from Aurifil Thread and the Fat Quarter Shop and my ETSY shop, Featherweight Quilt Company! So get those projects, tips or tutorials ready to share and come back here and link up on February 6th for your chance to win a great prize! And you can read more about Sew Simple Saturday here

Happy Stitching dear friends! Thank you all for stopping by! Let me know what you are working on or looking forward to participating in this year! 

1 comment :

  1. Those Patchwork of the Crosses blocks are gorgeous. It's such a versatile pattern. Thanks for all the photos you share on this inspiring blog.

    ReplyDelete

Hey yall!
Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today! Your words mean so much to me. Thank you for taking time to leave me a comment and if you have a blog, feel free to grab a tractor button from the sidebar and plow along with me! Ain't no tellin what we'll get in to.
xo jan