Sunday, February 14, 2016

Lucky me and Patchwork of the Crosses!

   
     February has been a very lucky month for me! Recently, my friend Patty at Elm Street Quilts had a One Word 2016 Linky Party. I chose my word: "Grow",  made a mini and linked! I won the most adorable gift! Chalklots Placemats!


      What lots? Chalk Lots! These are just too adorable. There are four Chalkboard Placemats. And they are big too. Approximately 12x16. At first I thought "these are really adorable, but I don't have small children!" 
  Then I thought these would be cute to just write each persons name across the top, like a placecard/placemat combo. Adorable! Then the phone rang and my hubby started reeling off things that he needed. I grabbed a piece of chalk and made that list. Then I carried two into my sewing room and made a couple of lists there.


  Yeah! I am always forgetting thread colors that I need to purchase, those went on the list! And some other notions and stuff I need to pick up. Those things went on the list. Including more Chalk! This is fun!  I LOVE the size. Easy to carry around and they do not take up much space. I think these would be fantastic for children.  They are easy to clean up also.  I need some more Chalk Lots Placemats. I would like to have one in the kitchen and another by the telephone. And maybe even one out at the barn!
  Thank you Patty and Chalk Lots! I really love my fantastic prize. What a great idea. AND they are made in the USA!!!!!You can find your very own Chalk Lots here! I am not affiliated in any way other than I won this prize, love it and wanted to share.

  My second Lucky Streak came after I entered a giveaway I saw on facebook. Many of you know that I am an avid reader. If I don't have a needle in my hand then I have a book in my hand. And sometimes, I have an audio book on while I am sewing. I love all types of books. Fiction and Non fiction. One of my favorite light reading authors is Shelley Shepard Gray. I love reading her Amish
stories. She was hosting a little giveaway to celebrate her new series : The Charmed Amish Life and I won a sweet little package:


  This little book bag is so cute and I am going to share my extra bookmarks with my local library! I love the  recipes in the Book Club Recipe Booklet.They all sound Yummy!  I can't wait to read Book One of the series : A Son's Vow. So thank you Shelley Shepard Gray! Such a sweet surprise!

  Things have been really busy in the ETSY shop this past week. I wanted to say a huge THANK YOU to all my customers! I really appreciate your business. I also have a new block that I have enjoyed playing around with. I can't make up my mind which layout I like best.:





I think maybe the first one? Or the fourth one?  Which one do you prefer? I think maybe the first one.
 Happy Valentine's Day dear readers. Hubby will not be home until tonight. I hope he likes his hand warmers. They were fun to make!
  Our next Sew Simple Saturday will be March 5th! I have a beautiful Aurifil 40 wt Thread Collection and a Gift Certificate from the Fat Quarter Shop plus a charm pack giveaway from Featherweight Quilt Company! SO be sure to get your project ready to link up!
Have a wonderful week!
Thank you for stopping by!
 xo Jan

2 comments :

  1. They are all beautiful - you can't go wrong no matter what you choose.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats again on your win! I'm glad you are having fun!

    ReplyDelete

Hey yall!
Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today! Your words mean so much to me. Thank you for taking time to leave me a comment and if you have a blog, feel free to grab a tractor button from the sidebar and plow along with me! Ain't no tellin what we'll get in to.
xo jan