Sunday, April 17, 2016

"In Our Garden" BOM - April Blocks 5 & 6


Hi everyone!
  It is time for month 3 of the "In Our Garden" Block of the month!

                                  


 Blocks 5 and 6 were designed by Doris of Quilting Queen Online

Her blocks are just too cute! I love the fun and bright colors that Doris used!




I am using "Sunday Best" by Kim Diehl for Henry Glass Fabrics!


These were really fun to make! I loved doing the embroidery work on the water droplets. I did not have the Aurifloss in the color that I wanted, so I used Aurifil 12wt Color 1148. I really love the sheen of the 12 wt Aurifil. 


You can find Doris's pattern FREE for the month of April through her blog here! Doris is also hosting a giveaway on her blog so be sure to stop by ! Thank you Doris for such fun blocks!

Here is the schedule for the remaining months:

May

                                                          June
July

August
Kris – Kris Loves Fabric
September
Pat – Life in the Scrapatch
October
Vicki – More Stars in Comanche
November
Lana – It Seams to be Sew
December
Jan - Sew and Sow Farm

January
Amy – Sew Incredibly Crazy– Final Blocks and wrap up

We also have a facebook page where you can share your blocks and see what everyone else is making here:


                   

Also, our next Sew Simple Saturday will be the Linky Party for out "Little Dresses for Africa 2016 Sew Along"! We have 3 weeks to get those dresses, shorts and sani pads made and ready to link up to be eligible to win one of our three fantastic prizes! 

You can find a tutorial for the Dresses here and a tutorial for the Sani - Pads here!
I have also been experimenting with Boy Shorts with elastic waistband:



I made a pattern from a pair that I purchased at the Goodwill for .50 cents. 

And I have been making a few more Dresses with Decorative stitching on the bias tape ties. 


    I have been very busy in the ETSY shop with new Patchwork of the Crosses blocks!  This two block kit using Civil War Reproduction fabrics is a little challenging but lots of fun!


I love how the gold in the first block appears to just pop through! Lots of fun! I also designed a Mother's Day Block :


And I have a couple of my favorite Aurifil Thread sets remaining in the shop: 

 












Thank you all for stopping by! Be sure and mark the date, May 7th, for the Little Dresses for Africa Link up Party!

 And if you are making the "In our Garden" BOM blocks be sure to link up on Amy's blog for a chance to win this months beautfiul bundle of fabrics from Timeless Treasures:

Welcome to all my new friends and followers!
Thank you all for stopping by!
Happy Stitching!
xo jan

3 comments :

  1. Pretty blocks, this will be a wonderful quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Saw your Mother's Day block on Pinterest, it is sew beautiful. Great job Jan

    ReplyDelete

Hey yall!
Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today! Your words mean so much to me. Thank you for taking time to leave me a comment and if you have a blog, feel free to grab a tractor button from the sidebar and plow along with me! Ain't no tellin what we'll get in to.
xo jan