Wednesday, April 6, 2016

Sew Simple Saturday April 2016 Winners and upcoming Little Dresses for Africa Linky party!!!!!!!!



      Hi everyone! Thank you so much for participating in our April edition of Sew Simple Saturday! Things have been really busy around the farm this week, but before we get our feathers ruffled,  I have some winners to announce!



The Winner of the beautiful 10 spools 50 wt Folk Story Collection from Aurifil is;

Myra at Busy Hands Quilting!  Woohoo! Congrats Myra! These are gorgeous colors that I am sure you will enjoy using! And a HUGE Thank you to Aurifil for donating this fabulous Collection of thread!


                                      ****************************************

The Winner of the Gift Certificate from the awesome folks at Fat Quarter Shop is:

Lisa of Quilts by Lisa! Woohoo! Congratulations Lisa. I hope you enjoy your shopping spree! Thank you to the wonderful folks at the Fat Quarter Shop for their generous Gift Certificate!




                                      **************************************

And the Winner of the Lori Holt - 2016 Cozy Cottage Calendar from Featherweight Quilt Company is:

Donna of Donna Sews! Woohoo! Congratulations Donna! I hope you enjoy the Calendar. I LOVE the free patterns in the back! Sew cute!




Congratulations ladies! If you could please email me your mailing addresses to : sewandsowfarm at gmail dot com I will get your items mailed to you and Lisa I need an email address for the Gift Certificate! Thank you everyone for participating!

*******************************************************************************

Our next Sew Simple Saturday will be a special edition on May 7th! It will be our link up for Little Dresses for Africa! Aurifil has generously donated a gorgeous 12 Large Spools Collection of Aurifil 40wt from their Gleeful Collection!




The Fat Quarter shop is donating a $50.00  Gift Certificate to their online shop! Woohoo Shopping Spree time!
                                         




And Featherweight Quilt Company is donating a $25.00 gift Certificate to their ETSY shop!


Woohoo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

To be eligible to win you must link up to a blog post, facebook post or flickr post of recently made Dresses, Boy shorts and/or Sani Pads that YOU made for Little Dresses for Africa! You can read more about the ongoing effort to help these children on the LDFA webite here:
http://www.littledressesforafrica.org/blog/

 If you need a pattern, there are several available on the LDFA website here:
 http://www.littledressesforafrica.org/blog/patterns/

and also at Nancy's Notions here:
http://www.nancysnotions.com/text/pdf/LittleDressesforAfrica_pattern.pdf

Nancy's Notions is my favorite pattern to use for the little Dresses. If you need a tutorial, then I have one on my March 2016 Sew Simple Saturday here:
http://sewandsowfarm.blogspot.com/2016/03/sew-simple-saturday-link-up-party.html

and a Sani Pad tutorial here:
http://sewandsowfarm.blogspot.com/2016/04/april-2016-sew-simple-saturday.html

I am so excited to share this wonderful opportunity with you to help these beautiful Children around the world! So rally the troops, sewing sisters, friends and relatives and get those machines humming!

 I hope you find the time to make a few of these simple but much needed items and join us on May 7th right here on this blog and link up your generous and heartfelt work!

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact me!

Congratulations to the April 2016 Winners!

Welcome to all my new friends and followers.

Thank you Aurifil, Fat Quarter Shop and Featherweight Quilt Company!

Happy Stitching ya'll! I can't wait to see what you create!

xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo jan



2 comments :

  1. This is the first time I have seen the pattern for the boys shorts. I make the dress out of the t-shirts as well. I'll have to start collecting adult t's for the boy's shorts. Thanks for sharing this information. I will be linking up with the dresses. I will be glad when yard sales start, you can really find some nice and cute t-shirt then.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A busy lady you are. Well, I might just have a few dresses to link up as well. Might have to make a few boy shorts. :)

    ReplyDelete

Hey yall!
Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today! Your words mean so much to me. Thank you for taking time to leave me a comment and if you have a blog, feel free to grab a tractor button from the sidebar and plow along with me! Ain't no tellin what we'll get in to.
xo jan