Welcome to the 2nd Annual Little Dresses for Africa Sew
Along Linky Party at Sew and Sow Farm! Each year I like to choose a project to make for charity. In 2013, I found out
about an organization that makes and collects simple little dresses to help clothe children around the world, Little Dresses for Africa! I really enjoyed making those first dresses. So this year, I decided to do it again and asked for some help from ya'll! I also asked some of my sponsors to give us a little incentive to Sew - Along! Aurifl and the Fat Quarter Shop didn't hesitate and have offered some very nice prizes along with a prize from my ETSY shop Featherweight Quilt Company!! I have the BEST sponsors! They are ALWAYS so generous!
I have been making some little dresses too! I am so excited ! I was able to get 10 Dresses, 2 pair of Boy Shorts and 8 Re-useable Sanitary Pads completed.
I LOVED using the decorative stitches on my sewing machine when sewing on the Bias Tape ties.
These little boy shorts were also fun to make. I hope to get a few more of these made.
And 8 re-useable Sanitary pads. I hope to get at least 4 more made to go with the Ladies underwear that I purchased. When these are distributed, they are given 1 pair of panties and two pads. (one to wash and one to wear.)
Please package Dresses in Size Groups in Zip Loc Baggies. The air can be removed from the bags and take up less room in suitcases and boxes.
MAILING OPTIONS/ INSTRUCTIONS:
1. I did contact a local Missionary that is going to Africa in JUNE! She is going over to help out the Queen family in their mission work. You can read more about Queens for the King here! She has asked for me to call Monday afternoon and let her know how many items we have. She will then let me know how many she can carry with her next month. Also, my Aunt's church has a Missionary group that is going in September. ( We may have another linky party?) If you would like to send your items to me for the Missionary to carry with her in June, leave a comment below of how many items you are sending. I will give her the count on Monday and then see how many she can carry. I will notify you after I talk with her and give you my address.
2. Or, You can mail your items to Little Dresses for Africa Headquarters at:
I would like to say a HUGE Thank you to our wonderful sponsors.
Aurifil for the beautiful thread collection prize! These are simply gorgeous threads!
The Fat Quarter Shop for the $50.00 gift Certificate. Woohoo! Shopping Spree time!
I am also donating a $25.00 Gift Certificate to my ETSY shop, Featherweight Quilt Company. Woohoo!
Having prizes for doing what we love is like the icing on a cupcake! It just makes it all a little sweeter!
It's time to link up those Dresses and Shorts!
1. You must link to a specific and current blog post or face book post. Not just to your homepage.
2. Please visit at least one person before your link and one person after your link. We want to share our sewing and be sure and leave nice comments! We all love receiving comments and encouragement on our efforts! Plus it's a nice way to make new friends!
3. Please take time to visit Aurifl and the Fat Quarter Shop and let them know how much we appreciate their great prizes! You can tell them all about your dresses and /or shorts or just tell them hi! Tell them I said hi too! They are both fantastic and generous companies with superior products!
4. Share, share , share! Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, twitter, blogs.....The more people we have making dresses and shorts, the more children we can help!
5. Be sure to follow up and get your items in the mail! You can find packaging and mailing instructions above!
6. The link up will only remain open until Monday May 9th, 12:00 noon EST You must add your link before then to be eligible to win one of the prizes! You must link to at least one completed dress or boy shorts. You can still make more after the link up party !
7. Winners will be announced on Wednesday May 11th right here on this blog! BE SURE TO CHECK BACK HERE ON WEDNESDAY! SEVERAL OF YOU ARE SHOWING AS "NO REPLY" SO I HAVE NO WAY TO REACH YOU IF YOU WIN ONE OF THE PRIZES!!
8. If you are planning on sending your items to me , be sure to leave a comment on this blog post stating the number of items that you have so I can give a count to the Missionary.
I really want to say THANK YOU to everyone for participating. It really touches my heart how generous our sewing and crafting community is!
So let's get this party started! Follow the Linky below to add your photo and links! (click on the "click here to enter")