Wednesday, May 11, 2016

Little Dresses for Africa winners!



Hi everyone! I just wanted to say a great big THANK YOU to all of our participants in the 2016 Little Dresses for Africa Sew Along! I really appreciate each and every little dress and pair of shorts that were made!
     Today, I got to carry the Dresses, boy shorts and Sanitary pads that I made,  over to Kim, a member of Grove Level Baptist Church in Dalton. Grove Level has two missionary families stationed in Africa. Two of their church members are leaving this SUNDAY for Africa. They are going to help the Queen Family in their mission Queens for the King in South Africa.  Grove Level also has another Church member leaving the first of June for Africa! A couple of our Sew Along participants are mailing me their Dresses to send over too! Queens for the King is on facebook here! Please email or message me if you have any items that you would like to send over on June 1st. Also, my Aunt's Church has a Mission trip planned for September. I hope to get some more dresses made to send with that group.

  In all the excitement today, I almost forgot to announce the winners of our Sew Along! So here goes:

The winner of the beautiful box of Aurifil thread is:
#3. Little Hoot with Dresses ( Elise Jane Stone) 

The winner of the Fat Quarter Shop $50.00 Gift Certificate is:
#2. Little Dresses for Africa - (Sandra)

The winner of the Featherweight Quilt Company $25.00 Gift Certificate is:
#5. Debbie's dresses - (Debbie) 

Woohoo! Congratulations winners! I will message each of you for your addresses! 

I think we are all winners when we help children in need! I wish I had a prize for everyone!  Thank you all for having such a kind and generous heart! 

I also want to Thank our Sponsors at Aurifil and Fat Quarter Shop! These companies are THE BEST and if you do not already shop with them or their products I strongly urge you to do so! Be sure and stop by and tell them a great big THANK YOU for their generosity!

And I also want to mention that Donna M. made a couple of pair of shorts and a dress but did not get to link up. She is also making two more and sending them to me. These are sew cute! Thank you Donna!

Made by Donna M.
And Tonia from All Thingz Sewn made some but missed the linky party. She made 8 of  the cutest little tee shirt dresses. I may try that pattern next time!  You can see them on her blog here!

Ya'll this has been so fun and heartwarming. This past week has been a very rough week around here for several reasons, so I really appreciate all the sweet words to me and the kindness shown to these children. And please, keep on sewing and making these little dresses as you have time. Now that I know of a local Church with families based in Africa, I will be happy to carry your creations to them to go with their missionaries! Or you can send them directly to Little Dresses for Africa! . The address is here.

ALSO,  I am temporarily postponing Sew Simple Saturdays. I may start SSS back up in the Autumn. I will post on this blog and on facebook when/if it starts back up. I really appreciate all of you that have participated in the past. And I  appreciate the generosity of our sponsors!

Happy Stitching everyone! 
Thank you all from the bottom of my heart!
xo jan



8 comments :

  1. Thanks so much for the gift. I pray that everything will go on well with you and yourfamily

    ReplyDelete
  2. So excited I won the gift certificate from your shop. Thank you so much Jan, it was fun sewing with you and your very one else and being able to provide items for a great cause. Can't wait for next year now!
    Hugs, Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. All adorable dresses, all for such a worthy cause. Mother and I sew pillowcase dresses for some of the girls also. 'Would have helped had I known of your event. 'Will check-out the link to Little Dresses For Africa :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a wonderful thing, Donna!! The dresses are darling!! And I especially love those little shorts!! :-))

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic Jan, all the dresses are so cute! I will start gathering fabrics to participate next time. Spring has flown by & I fell short with your events, but your work is much appreciated I hope you know!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. so glad your little dress project went so well and to such a good cause. Sure sorry to hear of your difficulties there, hope things improve quickly and that you have a great summer. Mel

    ReplyDelete
  7. There is just something about little dresses on a line. Too sweet

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm sorry I missed the June little dresses. I would like to help for the September trip. I can get a group together to sew. Can you give me some details. I actually have fabric to either donate or sew up.
    Please email me slegan@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete

Hey yall!
Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today! Your words mean so much to me. Thank you for taking time to leave me a comment and if you have a blog, feel free to grab a tractor button from the sidebar and plow along with me! Ain't no tellin what we'll get in to.
xo jan