Friday, June 10, 2016

Farm Love Friday 6.10.16
































     I love the sights and sounds and smells of summer around the farm! The Privet hedges are so tall and full of their sweet smelling blossoms. These are basically a nuisance shrub but I love the smell of their flowers. Honeysuckles are everywhere, full of blooms. Old purple pea vine threatening to overtake the Allis Chalmers 5040. I haven't seen the fox or kits in the last few days. I know she moved the kits out to the old metal scrap pile, and the rabbits are back out and about, so the fox must not be too close either. My sweet little Tuxedo kitten. He thinks he is so tough, but really he is just a sweetie.  I love the old climbing roses. I think the old fashion varieties have the best smell. These little pink ones are my favorite. The twins are growing so fast and continue to climb INTO the hay ring to eat, and nap. I am just waiting for the day that I will have to help them get out! It has been a little over a year since Missy, my rescue Chihuahua mix, had the reaction to the flea medicine and started having those seizures. I am so happy to see her happy, healthy and completely recovered. Riley, the feral cat, that took me 6 months to get my hands on, is really happy summer is here. He stays outside all the time. I have made 3 appointments to get him neutered. EVERY TIME he disappears for at least 3 days! I think he knows what I have in store for him! And the Rain Lilies are blooming, 5 days AFTER it rained. My husbands mother planted these in this hanging basket several years BEFORE she passed away in 2005. I have dutifully been caretaking, praying, watching, weeping, begging, and fretting over them ever since 2005. It will be a very sad day around this house if I ever loose them. I absolutely ADORE them! I sat on the porch late yesterday afternoon, while the hubby was still working , with Riley and Missy and my Rain Lilies and watched the spectacular show that God sent us with the sun set. Our Earth is such a magnificent place. It brings inspiration to my heart and tears to my eyes. 
Have a beautiful day dear friends!
Thank you so very much for stopping by!
xo jan
  

3 comments :

  1. I am so glad you a few minutes to take it all in, enjoy your view and this beautiful spring. Thanks for the beautiful pictures and offering a peek into your life, I so enjoy it

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have looked at these pictures several times and find them so peaceful and restful to look at. My Dad always took a few minutes to walk his estate, as he put it, just to admire the beauty around him. I now do the same thing. It quiets the mind and refreshes the soul. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank-you for the beautiful post. I love your Fridays down on the farm!

    ReplyDelete

Hey yall!
Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today! Your words mean so much to me. Thank you for taking time to leave me a comment and if you have a blog, feel free to grab a tractor button from the sidebar and plow along with me! Ain't no tellin what we'll get in to.
xo jan