Wednesday, June 22, 2016

Patchwork of the Crosses


I am still totally in love with Patchwork of the Crosses! This block is for my May (yes I am running behind) Bee mate, Ann Caldicott,  in Australia! She chose Purples and greens.There are several options for fussy cutting. I decided to put the flowers in the center instead of making a "square" block. I used Aurifil 50 wt color #'s 2520 and 2886. I just LOVE how the 50wt melts right into the seams.


There have been several requests for kits so I may be adding this one to my ETSY shop.

 And yes, I finally made ME a new ring pincushion. My little orange one was getting rather rough around the edges (and a little grungy) after almost 3 years of hand sewing and 2 summers in the hay fields :)!


I'll keep this old one just for using at the barn and in the hay fields.
Tomorrow I have dental surgery :(. Wish me luck!
Have a great day stitching yall!
Thank you for stopping by!
xo jan

4 comments :

  1. How many POTC blocks do you have now? They are all so beautiful! I saw the ring pincushions for the first time a few months ago. Very handy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks great. I was thinking the same thing as Donna. Your stack must be growing:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful block Jan! I didn't get a chance to reply to your prior post. Such beautiful photos from around the farm. Lovely gorgeous flowers. My ancestral home is in central GA and my grandmother had such a love for the old favorites like honeysuckle and the 7 Sisters roses. I think my dear mom still has some growing from Nanny's bush. the twin cow babies are so sweet. great bunny shot - I know they can be a nuisance to garden growers but I still love them. Take care and good luck with your dental surgery. Mel

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jan, of all the POTC blocks you have done, this one has got to be my VERY, VERY favorite!! I love the colors and the way you have set the center!! I am pinning a lot of your blocks!!

    ReplyDelete

Hey yall!
Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today! Your words mean so much to me. Thank you for taking time to leave me a comment and if you have a blog, feel free to grab a tractor button from the sidebar and plow along with me! Ain't no tellin what we'll get in to.
xo jan