Saturday, July 1, 2017

Little Dresses for Africa 2017 Link Up Party!




 Welcome to the 3rd Annual Little Dresses for Africa Sew 

Along Linky Party at Sew and Sow Farm!


 Each summer I like to choose a project to make for 

charity. In 2013, I came across an organization that

makes and collects simple little dresses to help clothe

 children around the world, Little Dresses for Africa! I 

really enjoyed making those first dresses. So this year, I 

decided to do it again and asked for some help from ya'll!

 I also asked some of my sponsors to give us a little 

incentive to Sew - Along! Aurifil and the Fat Quarter 

Shop didn't hesitate and have offered some very nice

prizes along with a prize from my ETSY shop

 Featherweight Quilt Company!! I have the BEST 

sponsors! They are ALWAYS so generous! I have been 

making a few little dresses and have 6 out of my goal of 

10 completed. 



I also reached out to blog and facebook friends and I have already received 28 dresses!





Woohoo! Aren't these just adorable! Way to go ladies! Thank you so much for your help! 


 This year I plan on mailing the dresses that I receive from you all and the ones that I have made directly to Little Dresses for Africa's Headquarters in Brownstown, Mi. 

Also, if you did not get to participate, Little Dresses for Africa accepts items year around. So it is never too late to help a little boy or girl in need! 
         *******************************************************
I would like to say a HUGE Thank you to our wonderful sponsors.

  Aurifil for two beautiful thread collection prizes! These are simply gorgeous threads!  






And The Fat Quarter shop for their generous Gift Certificate!




And I am offering a $25.00 Gift Certificate to my ETSY shop , Featherweight Quilt Company, for one lucky participant!


 Having prizes for doing what we love is like the icing on a cupcake! It just makes it all a little sweeter!

It's time to link up those Dresses!

1. You must link to a specific and current blog post or face book post. Not just to your homepage.
2. Please visit at least one person before your link and one person after your link. We want to share our sewing and be sure and leave nice comments! We all love receiving comments and encouragement on our efforts! Plus it's a nice way to make new friends!
3. Please take time to visit Aurifl and the Fat Quarter Shop and let them know how much we appreciate their great prizes! You can tell them all about your dresses and /or shorts or just tell them hi! Tell them I said hi too! They are both fantastic and generous companies with superior products!
4. Share, share , share! Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, twitter, blogs.....The more people we have making dresses and shorts, the more children we can help!
5. Be sure to follow up and get your items in the mail if you haven't done so already! 
6. The link up will only remain open until Monday July 3rd, 11:59 pm EST You must add your link before then to be eligible to win one of the prizes! You must link to at least one completed dress or boy shorts. You can still make more after the link up party !
7. Winners will be announced on Tuesday July 4th right here on this blog! BE SURE TO CHECK BACK HERE ON TUESDAY! SEVERAL OF YOU ARE SHOWING AS "NO REPLY" SO I HAVE NO WAY TO REACH YOU IF YOU WIN ONE OF THE PRIZES!!

I really want to say THANK YOU to everyone for participating. It really touches my heart how generous our sewing and crafting community is! 

 So let's get this party started! Follow the Linky below to add your photo and links! (click on the "click here to enter")


1 comment :

  1. I love all the dresses! I tried to follow the links so I could comment and tell y'all how beautiful your dresses are, but most of them lead to a dead link :(. Anyway, it's fun to see everyone's work and get more inspiration for next time!

    ReplyDelete

Hey yall!
Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today! Your words mean so much to me. Thank you for taking time to leave me a comment and if you have a blog, feel free to grab a tractor button from the sidebar and plow along with me! Ain't no tellin what we'll get in to.
xo jan