Friday, December 23, 2016

Farm Love Friday 12/23/2016 - Merry Christmas!
































       Holy Cow! I can't believe 2016 is almost over! I LOVE my "Holy Cow!" ornament my dear friend Karen Miller of Karen's Quilts, Crows and Cardinals sent me last year. I actually keep it out on a display shelf year round. The weather has been so unpredictable. The drought stole all my pecans off the old tree. A couple of weeks ago it so cold I was crocheting a new Beanie and neck warmer and browsing through my new seed catalog and dreaming of Spring. The Sky has been as blue as the old truck  and then, bang! The weather changed again! It is supposed to be 70 degrees here on Christmas Day! Our cows have already started putting on their winter hair too so they will be a little warm for a while. We did get a few seeds planted before it rained but to no avail. What the rain didn't wash away the crows ate. Our pastures are nonexistent so we are feeding hay, hay, more hay and Range cubes plus each pasture has a molasses tank.The cows seem fat and happy.  Hubby spent yesterday putting out more seed before the rain gets here tomorrow and next week. Hopefully it won't wash away and maybe the crows won't get it all. I brought my little Winter Homestead House into the living room . I love turning off all the lights and having just our Christmas tree, Winter Homestead and the Old Stone Church lit up. I also have 12 little Hallmark Church ornaments on a shelf that light up . I will get a photo of them next time.


  This afternoon as we were finishing up and the sun was setting, I really thought my heart would burst with gratitude. My heart runneth over. 2016 was a challenging year with the drought and hubby's cancer and surgery, but we made it! I think 2016 was the best year ever! I have so much to be Thankful for! Hubby's health continues to improve (they removed all the tumors) , we still do not have pastures but we do have hay and feed for our cows.I was able to hang onto my ETSY shop and it may have even prospered a little this year. And I have you! Dear sweet friends... Thank you for being there for me this year. Thank you for sharing little glimpses of yourselves and your lives with me and sharing in mine. It's been a challenge getting my blog voice back, but I'm working on it.

     My wish for you dear friends is Health and Happiness! I wish you and your family the very Merriest of Christmases! Those of you that may be living alone this Christmas, please remember that you are loved and that you are not alone! I wish you all the very, very best Happy , Safe, Healthy and Prosperous New Year!

Merry Christmas dear friends!
With lots and lots of LOVE!
xoxoxoxo jan

9 comments :

  1. Great post. thanks for the pics. Merry Christmas to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Merry Christmas Jan, to you, and your family.
    Your cows are so happy and cute. I love cows. These are great pictures Best wishes for 2017

    ReplyDelete
  3. I fell in love with your ornament!
    Loved looking at all your pictures, so serene there.
    Merry Christmas to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice post with beautiful images, Christmas celebrates the birth of Christ, the Saviour. Born in a little stable in Bethlehem, Jesus Christ gave his life to redeem the sins of others.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad about your hubby. Some years are good to have behind us. Enjoy the new chapter in your lives.

    ReplyDelete
  6. تعرف الان علي افضل خدمات شركة تنظيف منازل بالدمام من مؤسسة ابراج دبي التي تعتبر الاولي في مجال التنظيف وخدمة العملاء في المملكة العربية السعودية .

    ReplyDelete
  7. يمكنك التواصل مع صيانة كاريير انوفر ذا كنت تعاني من اعطال الاجهزه الكهربائية حيث اننا نوفر فريق عمل متخخص من توكيل كاريير لاكتشاف الاعطال واصلاحها في اسرع وقت ممكن وباقل التكاليف تواصل الان مع رقم صيانة كاريير لارسال فريق العمل

    ReplyDelete
  8. تواصل الان مع اكبر شركة تعمل في تنظيف موكيت بمكة شركة العنود والتي توفر فريق عمل مدرب ومؤهل علي اعمال تنظيف موكيت بالبخار بمكة باحدث المواد والمعدات الخاصه بالرشكة التي تضمن لكم تنظيف سجاد بمكة في اسرع وقت ممكن وباقل التكاليف حيث اننا نوفر مواد متخصصة في ازالة والبقع تنظيف سجاد بالبخار بمكة علي ايدي فريق متخصص ومدرب علي ذلك .

    ReplyDelete

Hey yall!
Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today! Your words mean so much to me. Thank you for taking time to leave me a comment and if you have a blog, feel free to grab a tractor button from the sidebar and plow along with me! Ain't no tellin what we'll get in to.
xo jan