So I dug out my scraps from a Kimberley's Garden 1930's jelly roll that I purchased from the Fat Quarter Shop and went to work.
I sewed strips together and then subcut them into 2 1/2" strips and then sewed them into a large panel.
I think it turned out so stinkin' cute! I sewed three strips across the top and a panel of the 2 1/2" squares for the back. I bound it scrappy with leftover strips.
I used Aurifil thread 12wt for quilting it! 12wt In My Machine! I set my stitch length to 5, the longest that my machine offers. I love, love how it looks!
The thread color is # 4668! And its variegated! I usually machine stitch my bindings on the front and hand stitch to the backing, however this time I wanted to play with this gorgeous thread some more so I stitched the binding to the back and then flipped it to the front and machine stitch it with the 12 wt thread! I love the vintage, chunky look that it gives.
I used 50 wt in the bobbin. It worked fine. I think a 40wt would work great too! And a cutsey little floral print for the backing.
I decided that I wanted to try out my Aurifloss and have started using it on the panel. I should have done this first, but you know me, if I can get the cart before the horse, I do it everytime! :) But I have been able to embroider through the panel but not all the way through the batting and backing. So far...
Look at those yummy colors. Aurifloss is a six strand 100% long staple cotton floss. Great for embroidery, Sashiko and blanket stitch applique. Just about anytime you want a chunky embroidered look. And, it can be seperated like any other 6 strand floss.And it comes on these adorable wooden spools! LOVE!
I also want to do some embellishing with buttons and ribbon.
When it is not in use, I can open it up and throw it over the back of my chair.
Sew? Would you like to "Sew, Grow, Bake and Ride Your Own"? I kinda got carried away and bought
First is one (1) 4 block panel and a 10 Spool Box Collection of Mark Lipinski's 50 wt. "I Can Fly " Collection!!! Woohoo! Aren't those colors yummy!
Second is one (1) 4 block panel and 2 large spools of Aurifil 12 wt variegated thread!
Third is one (1) 4 block panel and two (2) large spools of Aurifil 12 wt variegated thread.
Fourth is one (1) 4-block panel and 2 large spools of Aurifil 12 wt thread:
AND Fifth is one (1) 4-block panel, 1 large spool of Aurifil 12 wt thread AND a Bundle of 1930's Playtime 2 Petite from the Fat Quarter Shop!
WOOT! WOOT!! Yall, I 'bout fell outta my chair when I saw this! How gorgeous would this all be together! And how cute would a machine cover be made with those little spools print on it???
So, how do you go about winning one of these AWESOME giftaways? Well if you've been here before you probaly have a good idea, but here goes. You have 5 chances to win! You can enter once or all 5 times, that is up to you. I will leave this giftaway open for 5 days to give everyone time to play as much as they want!
1. Leave a comment below. ( first entry) ( I would love to know what you would like to make if you won one of the giveaways.I want to make a casserole cover with the "Bake Your Own"! Cute!)
2. Sew and Sow Farm followers New or Previous get another entry! (optional 2nd entry) Leave me a comment letting me know that you do.
3. Help spread the word through facebook, twitter, pinterest, instagram or your blog! Leave me a comment letting me know how you shared ( Optional 3rd entry!)
4. SHOW OUR SPONSORS SOME LOVE and GRATITUDE! Drop by Aurifils blog Auribuzz and by The Jolly Jabber (the Fat Quarter Shops blog) and sign up for their newsletters! Did you know that The Fat Quarter Shop has an awesome selection of Aurifil and a You Tube Channel! Or you can visit them on their face book pages here and here! Be sure and tell them I said hello! (Optional 4th entry!)
5. Visit one of my followers from the sidebar and let them know that Jan from Sew and Sow Farm sent 'cha over to say hi and visit awhile!
Kinda like a blog hop, giftaway ,visiting party! Yeehaw! AND when someone reaches out to you and visits your blog, try to return the favor if you can! I am certain they would love it!
For those that are not familiar with Blogger,You have to click on Comments below to leave comments to be eligible to win.
Whew! Don't worry you have 5 DAYS to enter. Enter once or all 5 times, it's up to you! Mr. Random will announce the winners next week!
This giveaway is open to everyone, anywhere! I will ship Internationally! Also if you are a no-reply or anonymous commenter, or not sure, then please include your email in your comments.
Yall, I would like to say a HUGE THANK YOU to the Fat Quarter Shop and to Aurifil! You know, these companies are huge, but yet they still take the time to offer their generosity to a small blog like mine. They are both very caring and generous companies and it shows through the support that they give to our quilting and sewing community! So show 'em some love!
Have fun yall! And good luck!